Servus, welcome everyone to my thread of making a soloist shape guitar.
Its also my first build, so ive chosen a cheaper hardwood ( beech).

Thats the design im aiming for:

Okay, lets go.

On the right, my yamaha, which was my reference for the template.
Im trying to keep the horns sharp, to get some metal out of it

I have one question. Are there any guitars of this shape with only 1 pickup (humbucker)? A lot of v guitars have, but never seen a guitar like this with only one...

everything is welcome.
tons. The baretta is the best example, but you get tons of charvels etc...
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by Reyam
sorry what are charvels?

a guitar company.
Used to produce jacksons and the like, now mainly produces really overpriced guitars but mostly single pickup ones.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Charvel made Eddie Van Halens original necks and bodies and now make his replica guitars. Then Fender decided to. They make a bunch of high-quality single Humbucker guitars. But i have never seen a soloist or RG with a single pickup.The body looks good, but Beech? I have never heard of a Beech guitar. and i dont think i would do a single humbucker guitar. Unless u put a coil tap and maybe a Varitone or something like that in it. Are u gonna put a Floyd Rose or some other double locking trem on it? or are u gonna use a hardtail bridge? What are your ideas for hardware/pickups? And ur body looks like about 20 or 30 boards glued together. which isnt good for sound, but it definately lowers price. Its kinda the same reason ppl dont use plywood for guitars much.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by qotsa1998
Charvel made Eddie Van Halens original necks and bodies and now make his replica guitars. Then Fender decided to. They make a bunch of high-quality single Humbucker guitars. But i have never seen a soloist or RG with a single pickup.The body looks good, but Beech? I have never heard of a Beech guitar. and i dont think i would do a single humbucker guitar. Unless u put a coil tap and maybe a Varitone or something like that in it. Are u gonna put a Floyd Rose or some other double locking trem on it? or are u gonna use a hardtail bridge? What are your ideas for hardware/pickups? And ur body looks like about 20 or 30 boards glued together. which isnt good for sound, but it definately lowers price. Its kinda the same reason ppl dont use plywood for guitars much.

i know that beech normally isnt used that often for guitar building, but its a very good wood to work with. because its my first one, i dont want an expensive wood and ruin everything. this is my experimental piece. but im also making it 100% playable and it will get a nice finish ( black ).

hardware will be string through. about the pickups... i dont know, thats why i asked here about the single pickup solution, but i think im going the standard (2 humbucker way / volume / tone / 3way) way ... at least i made the template with 2 pu-holes.

any suggestions on pickups about 50€?
update, ive done the parts for the rips and the ellbow. using sanding machine and a angle grinder.