Page 1 of 2
Quote by B-U-R-P
What song, played well will get you an A* grade at GCSE Level?

For The Love Of God - Vai
Stairway To Heaven - Zeppelin :P
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Standard Goldtop 50's Neck
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst
Line 6 Spider 3 150
Line 6 Pocket POD

Member #23 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
Im gonna do One by Metallica, vocals too.

I dont know if its an appropriate song but it includes both acoustic and electric parts to show diversity.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by demonic dog

I dont know if its an appropriate song but it includes both acoustic and electric parts to show diversity.

Me too.
Quote by demonic dog

I thought you only get graded on one thing, either guitar or vocals.
Eruption.

Well, it would, wouldn't it?
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
I did:

Midnight - Joe Satriani
Bed of Razors (excl. solo) - Children of Bodom
Improv. in E minor

I got an A overall, and did crap in the exam, so can only assume I got a good mark for my performances.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
One way to get an A* at GCSE is do an A-Level song, such as Samba Pa Ti, some Steve Vai or Stevie Ray Vaugan.
If you play any of the grade pieces from grade 4 rockschool and above well, you can get an a-a*. I did:P
If i could,i would drop GCSE music,its too hard, i cant write music for ****.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by B-U-R-P
BTW, How hard is the exam?

Not increadbly, but prepare yourselves for anything, this year we had YMCA come up in the listening paper .
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
I got an A in performance with Slither by velvet revolver.

I was pretty surprised at that
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
It doesn't matter really. As long as it's not stupidly easy. It's about how you play it, I did through the never by Metallica, didn't get the solo 100% so I got an A. I played Rose of Sharyn in a school concert 100% and he said if I'd done that I would have got an A*
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Canon Rock by JerryC would probably get you a good A grade. I find writing music fairly easy, and the trial GCSE papers I've tried are pretty easy. The Intergrated Assignment comes out tomorrow, so I'll see what I've gotta write for.
NOPE.
I got an A in music GCSE playing a simple Miles Davis song ("So What") and improvising a groove to "Alice In Wonderland" on bass. Anything which uses more than 3 strings on the guitar will get you an A* easy
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
it's better if you put in vocals.

I did Father and Son by Cat Stevens...got an A*

And the exam is really easy, just learn the orchestral definitions i.e. the 1700-1750 and Beethoven for the 8 (?) mark question.
Quote by charvel_man
So UG appears to be riddled with warlocks.

*Prepares pitchfork*
Quote by eldanny
Not increadbly, but prepare yourselves for anything, this year we had YMCA come up in the listening paper .

We didn't anything that cool, we got some funky Disco shiz, cant remember what it was? Anyone who took it year before last help me please?
Quote by B-U-R-P
What song, played well will get you an A* grade at GCSE Level?

I doesn't work like that, a majority of the mark comes from improvisation so work hard on song writing for now. But here's a tip make sure you work hard on the exam from what I've heard it's hard to get top marks in it.
Disclaimer : I didn't do Music GCSE >_>
Quote by This is the One
I doesn't work like that, a majority of the mark comes from improvisation so work hard on song writing for now. But here's a tip make sure you work hard on the exam from what I've heard it's hard to get top marks in it.
Disclaimer : I didn't do Music GCSE >_>

To get full marks on solo performance you'd have to make very few minor mistakes eg. hitting a dead note, playing a wrong note etc.

I'd say if you missed or played a wrong note more than 3 times, you'll get grade A. A* is pretty hard to get. I think that's how it works anyway.
NOPE.
wait... don't kill me, but what is GCSE?
Peace n' love
I understand about indecision, but I don't care if I get behind. People living in competition, all I want is to have my peace of mind- Boston

CLASS OF 2008!!!!!!!

Member of UG's Christian Guitarists
Quote by Jaypack44
wait... don't kill me, but what is GCSE?

UK exams taken normally at the age of 16, in year 11.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Quote by rocker007
We didn't anything that cool, we got some funky Disco shiz, cant remember what it was? Anyone who took it year before last help me please?

...harry potter.
Quote by charvel_man

*Prepares pitchfork*
I know nothing about GCSE Music, I never had the chance to do it.

Do you perform "live" to examiners or is it recorded and sent off?
You perform in front of your music group and your teacher and it's recorded all at once with your music coursework.
NOPE.
Quote by Jackolas
I know nothing about GCSE Music, I never had the chance to do it.

Do you perform "live" to examiners or is it recorded and sent off?

We had a rcording studio, so i never perfomred live for the whol GCSE.
Quote by charvel_man

*Prepares pitchfork*
I did Midnight by Joe Satriani for the solo, and I jammed to Sultans of swing for my duet piece lol

got A*
Quote by Tremelo
We had a rcording studio, so i never perfomred live for the whol GCSE.

... What exam board did you have?
NOPE.
I did something by mozart, but it's your choice

Edit: & for the person asking, the performance is recorded, but your teachers are present and mark it. If you play it badly you can start the recording again though.
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
Quote by charvel_man
... What exam board did you have?

AQA
Quote by charvel_man

*Prepares pitchfork*
Quote by Tremelo
...harry potter.

We had a good giggle at that one during the exam... good job our invigilator had a sense of humour
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Page 1 of 2