Page 1 of 2
I just invented the world's first electric triangle. I googled, wikipediaed, and youtubed it, and there was nothing. The video is 100% real, all sounds are coming from the triangle, through some effects. I'm not pulling any weird tricks here. It's fairly simple, but I'm not going to explain how it did it until I get a whammy pedal and can play full songs on it. Anyway, enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gwmxeqzicg
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
sounds mad crazy! bet hendrix would've used it on a track if it had been around back then.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
I didn't watch the vid, but wouldn't an electric triangle be potentially deadly?? or physically impossible?? who's idea was this: let's hook up a metal instrument to electricity and hold it!!! and ya know what, why not do it sitting in a bathtub full of water. and do it naked, that would be cool!!
Hey I have that same jacket. Am I missing the point? I dont think so
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Wow.

That's an experimental band's wet dream.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Quote by rizo299
ಥ_ಥ Beautiful

lol

Really trippy that mate

I do believe the offers fom the Mars Volta to buy that thing will come flooding in soon
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Quote by Sid McCall
I just invented the world's first electric triangle. I googled, wikipediaed, and youtubed it, and there was nothing. The video is 100% real, all sounds are coming from the triangle, through some effects. I'm not pulling any weird tricks here. It's fairly simple, but I'm not going to explain how it did it until I get a whammy pedal and can play full songs on it. Anyway, enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gwmxeqzicg
I dunno Sid, since a triangle is usually made of metal that can be magnetized, I'd just put a guitar pickup in your sleeve.

<_<

>_>

<_<
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
this'd be a perfect complement to my electric tin can
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Me and my friends actually thought about it a couple of years ago, and one of them thought up of a way to do it..
..We never actually tried though..
Congratulations then.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by rizo299
ಥ_ಥ Beautiful

is it just me that finds this funny?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Yeah, I'm gonna pick up a whammy pedal next week or so, then I'll be able to shift the few pitches it makes to play whole songs. Until then, I ran it through a bunch of weird effects to get some horror/Halloween sounds to annoy the people in my hall. Basically, it's a lapel mic attached to the string, so it's like a pickup in a sense. Not much to it, really. I just thought it was something fun to share.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']

is it just me that finds this funny?
nope, I lol'd too.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Quote by shredmeiser101
this'd be a perfect complement to my electric tin can

You're ****ing awesome, man. I haven't laughed this hard in ages.
I'm a communist. Really.
Ha ha, nice.
Where's that confounded bridge?

Try to realize it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you.
OMG
me and my friends were actually thinking of doings this!
but..it was a trombone that were were planning to electricize so yeah..
guess its not the same..bummer
but thats cool anyway KUDOS to you!
Quote by Blktiger0
I didn't watch the vid, but wouldn't an electric triangle be potentially deadly?? or physically impossible?? who's idea was this: let's hook up a metal instrument to electricity and hold it!!! and ya know what, why not do it sitting in a bathtub full of water. and do it naked, that would be cool!!

I was thinking this......

He's hitting a metal triangle with a metal stick with electrical wire attached to it?!?!?!
A friend of mine wanted to make an electric cowbell. Cause you just can't have enough cowbell.
What can we do with a canoe that will make people say, "Oh No, What's Wrong With Them?"
I suggest hooking up a voicebox pedal.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
The guy must have known what he was doing but I'm slightly worried now of little kids going 'I CAN DO THAT LOLZ'
Then hooking a triangle directly up to the mains or something like that.

Although I did not long ago try to fix the bent out end of the laptop's power lead with a pair of metal plyers with the lead still plugged into the mains :S
Quote by Spitz13
OKAY WHAT THE ****
I DOWNLOADED IT, EXECUTED NOTHING HAPPENED
NOW I'M SCARED AS **** THAT ITS A VIRUS

WHAT THE ****!?

caps

If it is

I'm very very sorry
Page 1 of 2