Like a stoner metal band, they play some kickass riffs, but don't include a solo(like Kyuss - Green Machine)

What is your thoughts on this matter?
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
if the song is good, who cares?
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
not every song needs a solo, infact, a lot would be better off without them
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
Not every song needs to be the same verse, verse, chorus, verse, verse, chorus, solo, verse, chrous, chorus, ending... keeps things unpredictable.
you got soul, or so you say. hey, i say you don't!

Quote by Sol9989
there are songs without solos and they're still great, but you still feel it wouldve been better with a solo ... so in my opinion a song with a solo sounds more complete.
a solo can make or break a song, sometimes it fits and sometimes it jst ruins the whole song
i think songs need solo's just not necessarily a guitar solo. maybe throw in like a nice drum or bass or hell maybe a cowbell solo!
With fat friends there are no see-saws.. just catapults!
but you could be like Megadeth, didn't have verses, just a line; lyric, solo, lyric, solo, lyric, solo 2x, lyric, solo
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
They are (mostly) boring.

Edit: solos, that is.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Last edited by Child In Time at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by buckethead_jr
A solo is a bonus when it fits.

If one doesn't fit in so be it, it's not a necessity.

Aren't you the one who said that if a song allows you to breath then it sucks? In other words you like songs that are like 4mins of shred.
A solo only works if its a good solo that fits with the style of music, you cant put a mega fast metal solo in a blues song, sounds obvious but ive heard music that does that and it doesnt work at all.
But no, not every song needs a solo Foo fighters dont put loads of solos in and they are amazing
Punks Not Dead!

Its just heavily sleeping.......
Quote by metaldud536
Aren't you the one who said that if a song allows you to breath then it sucks? In other words you like songs that are like 4mins of shred.

Yeah...

uh

>_>

<_<

*Runs*
Solos are good in songs, the bad thing is that many are quite boring or chucked in there for the sake of having a solo. One song I wish had a long solo is Home by Daughtry or Broken by Seether.
NOPE.
If the song is something crazy like The Light and the Glass by Coheed and Cambria, or punky and fast like Go With the Flow by Queens of the Stone Age, it definately doesnt need a solo. Sometimes solos do complete a song, and sometimes they are just add-ons. Bands like The Hives, the Foos, and lots of other bands can do songs without showing off or adding solos. The songs already sound complete without one.
Quote by metaldud536

youre a homo
Quote by boyde_99
every rock song needs a solo....slash said that and i agree

If Slash said that he's an idiot.
Quote by boyde_99
every rock song needs a solo....slash said that and i agree

nah,
st. anger (not the album)
system's good stuff...
and many other!
slash is stupid.
Quote by wyldelife
Like a stoner metal band, they play some kickass riffs, but don't include a solo(like Kyuss - Green Machine)

What is your thoughts on this matter?

Kyuss are so good, who cares.
Quote by Izz
If Slash said that he's an idiot.

derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Many great songs don't have solos, and are better without them: White Pearl, Black Oceans by Sonata Arctica, Night and the Silent Water by Opeth and [insert random song] by Foo Fighters.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by Mazzakazza
Kyuss are so good, who cares.

**** yeah! I was just using them as an example, i love them, but i hate QOTSA, it's not the same without Garcia on the vocales...
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Quote by IndianRockStar
Think about this, would the Blitzkrieg Bop be as good with a solo? Sometimes you don't need a solo. End of story.

1+
What about The End by The Doors? People Are Strange etc? If I remember correctly they don't have any solos.
It all depends on the mood that's set in the first half of the song. One by Metallica has the best solo ever, simply because it fits so well with the song.
ESP LTD MH-50
Martinez MPC-1C-NGL
Laney LV300H