For those of you who don't know who Chris Walker is a bassist from Cincinnati, Ohio who has played in many a band.

Those bands include:
The Walker Project
Iswhat
The Kelly Evans Trio
The Whitney Barricklow Band
Holly Spears
The Knotty Pines
The Naked Red Heads
Derrick Sanders Soul Expression
Heavy Weather
The Conrail Saints

On Friday, Sept. 14th, Chris was traveling to a show in Indianapolis, Indiana on I-74 with his girl friend, Julie Ann Martin-Greathouse, when, for undetermined reasons, he lost control of his car. His car spun out into the median, flipped at least four times, came to rest on its wheels, and cought fire. Several witnesses came to their aid, pulled them from the car which they were afraid was going to explode. Chris suffered major injuries including a severe injury to the spine. Julie did not make it.

There are several benifit concerts to raise money to cover his medical bills in his hometown of Cincinnati.

November 21st at the 20th Century Theater with Freekbass, Shag, and The Animal Crackers

November 24th at the Mad Frog: A tribute to Frank Zappa with proceeds going to the Chris Walker Fund

December 29th at the Southgate House

If you would like to make donations to pay for medical bills, find out more information, or just send you condollences, a website has been set up at www.myspace/com/friendsforchriswalker

Send any letters/cards or donations to
Friends For Chris Walker
5042 Charming Ct
Columbus, Ohio 43231

or donations can be made at any US Bank under the name Friends For Chris Walker
damn, cant say i ever heard of him, but prayers for his family and friends
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
Is it just me or are the only musicians dying are bassists?
Ive seen a few Bassist injuries/deaths in the UG news articles but no other musicians dying(although it might be just me noticing only bassists/missing other death/injuries articles.).
Someone is trying to assassinate Bassists! Thats why there arent as many bass players!

And to be on topic, its really sad that something like this happens, hopes he gets out of this, somehow.
Quote by Waters?
Is it just me or are the only musicians dying are bassists?

Never seen Spinal Tap, eh?

But seriously, that's a shame. Although my cynicism does make me ask why the thread was posted now and not, well, just after it happened.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Never seen Spinal Tap, eh?

But seriously, that's a shame. Although my cynicism does make me ask why the thread was posted now and not, well, just after it happened.

Actually my friends told me it was good, so I recorded it but havent seen it yet due to lack of motivation/lazyness.

And by meaning only Bassists are dying, I was talking about lately.
Is it bad enough that he can't play bass anymore?

That's terrible, either way...I hope he pulls through that.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by sammcl-15
Is it bad enough that he can't play bass anymore?

That's terrible, either way...I hope he pulls through that.

dude two words: spinal injury

well that at least doesnt sound good, hopefully he can recover somewhat