I play a stock Ibanez S520EX through a Fender Rumble 60 bass amp (I'm getting a bass soon). Some bands I'm listening to a lot right now are Avenged Sevenfold (City of Evil only), Billy Talent, Coheed and Cambria, Iced Earth, and The Fall of Troy. The only pedals I have are a Boss Ds-1 and a wah which I don't really use. So I want to know what are good distortion/overdrive pedals to get these different sounds through a SS amp, I'm not planning on buying tube anytime soon due to lack of income, and whether or not I should plan on switching out the INF1 and INF2 pickups.
Well, i can tell u Billy Talent uses Strats and a compressor for distortion. And Coheed uses EMGs and Bogners or Mesas sometimes. So id say to get a compressor, b/c i can get Coheed-ish sounds from my DS-1. Maybe change out pickups, like to an Evo/Air Norton or PAF combo. But most importantly, id get a new amp. Amps, especially the type, is well over 60% of ur sound quality and tone.
i know that, but I'm poor right now, I have to deal with this amp. I'm only 16, I don't have time for a job.
What are good compressors I should consider?