The Guitar - Ibanez RG370DX
with edge III bridge

I was wondering if I block the trem would the tone be the same or would it have more sustain? or would it sound worse? please give me your thoughts.
thank you!
You will get some added sustain but not a lot, and it should not make your tone worse.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Its certain to improve sustain, just not quite as noticeably as one would think.
Why not buy a guitar with a fixed bridge? Why take away one of the Ibanez RG370DX's features like that? I never did understand why people do this... either learn to use the thing, or buy guitars without floating trems!

It would add to sustain a smidge - and take away one of your guitar's greatest features - the FLOATING TREM.
^ The mediocre floating trem. If you want a floating tremolo, you should get a good one.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
DONT DO IT!

I once thought blocking my trem would increase my sustain, since I had a rather crappy floating trem that I never used. Unfortunately, I never got to experience what it would sound like if it was blocked because while I was planing the block, I hit a knot in the wood. The planer shot the wood out, and me being retarded and not using a pushblock, had my index and middle fingers on my picking hand shortened by about 1/2 an inch.

Teh moral is: If you really want to block it, take it to a shop. If you dont want to pay for that, then just leave it alone because it wont make a great difference...
Quote by JeysisKrist
DONT DO IT!

I once thought blocking my trem would increase my sustain, since I had a rather crappy floating trem that I never used. Unfortunately, I never got to experience what it would sound like if it was blocked because while I was planing the block, I hit a knot in the wood. The planer shot the wood out, and me being retarded and not using a pushblock, had my index and middle fingers on my picking hand shortened by about 1/2 an inch.

Teh moral is: If you really want to block it, take it to a shop. If you dont want to pay for that, then just leave it alone because it wont make a great difference...

its worse if it happened to your fretting D:
Quote by JeysisKrist
DONT DO IT!

So the message here is: don't block your trem because I shortened my fingers while blocking my trem? Come on