These some lyrics I wrote about a year ago. It's very rough and I haven't really come back to it in months. It's moreso a lyical flow than a song at this point. I had to kind of just throw the words down on paper so it might be a bit disjointed and odd sounding.

There's an eternal conflict that lives deep inside,
and all too often it controls my life.
I try to predict where my path will lead me,
then obstacles are formed through my insecurities.

Sometimes it's a struggle; sometimes I am free.
Sometimes I need another to walk beside me.
Sometimes I just feel like I need to explode
my thoughts not my own, and my truth is unknown

Infinite battles between me and my shadow.
I need to chose a side, but neither seems right.
They say keep your friends close
and your enemies closer,
but what do you do when the enemy is you?
Thinking what, where, why, when, how, and who
but always drawing a blank--without and clues.

But I will not fold, drop out, or give in.
I refuse to bow down--I'll keep trying.
Because I know there comes a day when it ain't about sides,
and there's no conflict to rule in my life.

But until that day I will travel this road,
and on I'll walk until my truth becomes known.
And on I'll travel down this lone road,
on and on mind, body, and soul.

Those last two lines are horrendous, and I needed and ending. Anyway, let me know what you think. Brutal honesty welcome. Thanks
i like it... i wouldnt mind hearing a recording when you finish it.... what style is it?
i like it a lot. sounds really good. makes me want to borrow those lyrics and maybe putt a couple chords to it. if that's alright by you of course

\m/(e.e)\m/
Quote by SemiCharmed
i like it a lot. sounds really good. makes me want to borrow those lyrics and maybe putt a couple chords to it. if that's alright by you of course

\m/(e.e)\m/

Absolutely...be my guest. I've been struggling to put some music to it, so I'd like to see what you might come up with.
i like it... i wouldnt mind hearing a recording when you finish it.... what style is it?[/QUOTE

Well, I do alot of metal and hardcore stuff, and on this one I wanted do try something totally different. I've been experimenting with some straight bass riffs w/o guitar (as I feel it is more a rhythmic piece than a melodic one). Curious to see what ideas you may have though. Thanks for responding
well no offense, but a single bass rythm peice might not be the best idea. a melodic piece would probably sound very good.
Quote by iguitar
well no offense, but a single bass rythm peice might not be the best idea. a melodic piece would probably sound very good.

None taken! I'm open to any suggestions as I'm struggling to find the right music for this. Thanks for the input.