I have read reviews about this guitar in many places, and they say it's overall pretty decent. I am looking for a new guitar to buy anways, so i figure this one, and I have been told many times Jackson makes great guitars. Would anyone recommend this guitar? Or should I go back to trying to buy an Ibanez RG?
MY GEAR:
Custom Flying V
Dunlop 535q
Marshall AVT HS
i bought the JS30RR because i dont like tremalos. but its a bitch to play sitting down
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Really? I thought it would be more comfortable to play then a regular Flying V. I hate those.
MY GEAR:
Custom Flying V
Dunlop 535q
Marshall AVT HS
Im thinking of buyng one too.
But try it out first, you might not like it
Its a bit hard to play, not only because of the V body, but because 24 fret is very close to the 1st PU and the 2nd PU is very close to the bridge, it might take a while to get used to it Lol, at least to me
But it has a pretty cool and fast neck, i really liked it
and its easy to play down if you put the smaller wing bettewn your legs and sit the other wing in your right leg, that way it wont slip :P
Its pretty nice, but the pickups are not great, plus its made of crappy wood. I guess if you just badly want a Rhoads on a budget, it will do. IT does play nice for the money and is well built though.
Quote by CJRocker
Its pretty nice, but the pickups are not great, plus its made of crappy wood. I guess if you just badly want a Rhoads on a budget, it will do. IT does play nice for the money and is well built though.

its alder body right?? is it that bad?
Quote by Popsai

Its indian cedro. In terms of tone its like alder, but they use a heavy grain filelr thats basically like a particle board coating on it. (someone refinished a JS Warrior, and you can see an example of this). they only use alder on the Pro series and up. Very early examples are alder, but 90% of your JS are Indian Cedro.
Quote by Popsai

The recent year JS Jacksons are cedro. Which is not a bad tone wood at all (it's used in organs and harps, ffs), but very untraditional in guitar building. I personally like it, but it may not float your boat.
hmmm because im my local guitar shop they told me it was alder and ive checked some sites and it sayd it was alder :P
Thanks for your help guys, it looks like I am going to have to really try this thing out and see if I like it. I am using it really as a back-up ax, since I love using my SG for soloing and such. anyways, thanks again.
MY GEAR:
Custom Flying V
Dunlop 535q
Marshall AVT HS
Sounds like a good idea. But one thing you have to keep in mind is that the pickups that come with the JS series are fairly crap and it may sound bad regardless of the tonewood.
Quote by FallenFlame332
I have read reviews about this guitar in many places, and they say it's overall pretty decent. I am looking for a new guitar to buy anways, so i figure this one, and I have been told many times Jackson makes great guitars. Would anyone recommend this guitar? Or should I go back to trying to buy an Ibanez RG?

Jackson Pure Riffing Guitar.
RG Pure Shred Guitar.

Difference is in Neck and Pickups.
smile
Quote by Nomak1
Jackson Pure Riffing Guitar.
RG Pure Shred Guitar.

Difference is in Neck and Pickups.

What do you mean riffing and shred? One is no more "shred" then the other
i want to buy that guitar to, but i want a trem so i may buy a js35rr that is the same, but with a trem.

and the Rg´s are not bad too, i own one(RG350EX)
Last edited by barcelona_rov at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by barcelona_rov
i want to buy that guitar to, but i want a trem so i may buy a js35rr that is the same, but with a trem.

and the Rg´s are not bad too, i own one(RG350EX)

There is no such thing as a JS35RR. The only JS with a trem is one of the JS30 Dinkys.
Quote by CJRocker
What do you mean riffing and shred? One is no more "shred" then the other

when i was buying guitar, it was realy difficult to choose which guitar to take Jackson or the RG Series and i stayed with RG.

RG has the thickest flat neck in the world (after PGM), one of the best trem system but stock pups suck overall(but their nice too).

Jackson has normal roundish neck, ofr as i remember, and hardcore EMG 81/85 pickup pair which is made for riffing.

but again it's on taste, some people like RG necks some ppl Like Jackson.
smile
Quote by Nomak1
when i was buying guitar, it was realy difficult to choose which guitar to take Jackson or the RG Series and i stayed with RG.

RG has the thickest flat neck in the world (after PGM), one of the best trem system but stock pups suck overall(but their nice too).

Jackson has normal roundish neck, ofr as i remember, and hardcore EMG 81/85 pickup pair which is made for riffing.

but again it's on taste, some people like RG necks some ppl Like Jackson.

Thickest flat neck in the world? Don't you mean skinniest, most fragile?
And most Jacksons are loaded with Duncans, altough I fail to see how that makes them less shreddy and more riffy.
Quote by Kanthras
Thickest flat neck in the world? Don't you mean skinniest, most fragile?
And most Jacksons are loaded with Duncans, altough I fail to see how that makes them less shreddy and more riffy.

yea thin or thick which ever means "smaller" i ment that.

well you can shred on all guitars even on acoustic, rg has "more shreddy neck" because it's smaller and you can rich low strings without moving hand and loosing time.

almost all jackson guitars stock pups are perfect, i mean they are ready to go riffing.

gosh it's all on taste, go to shop play on both and choose one, but if you want some nice sounds out of RG you will need to change pups.
smile
Well guys, I went to guitar Center today, and I tried it out. This is what I thought about it:

-Not uncomfortable to hold at all while sitting down, I sat down and played for almost a half hour.

-Nice neck, great for soloing

-EXTREMELY easy to hit the higher notes.

I didn't mind the sound at all, 'twas good.

Anyways, thanks for your help again guys, looks like I'm going to buy next time I come across one.
MY GEAR:
Custom Flying V
Dunlop 535q
Marshall AVT HS
Quote by CJRocker
There is no such thing as a JS35RR. The only JS with a trem is one of the JS30 Dinkys.

yes there is
i founded on zzounds.com but it said discontinued so i didn´t buy it
I have a JS30 dinky.. great guitar except for the pickups..
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by barcelona_rov
yes there is
i founded on zzounds.com but it said discontinued so i didn´t buy it

Did some research... they were only made for a year or so, and then the X series was introduced, making it basically redundant.
Quote by Vanquish
I have a JS30 dinky.. great guitar except for the pickups..

well thats swapable, hows the trem in it?
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Popsai
well thats swapable, hows the trem in it?

I have one of those too. The trem never goes out of tune, even if you go Steve Vai-style bonkers on it and bottom it out repeatedly.

Edit: I've had my guitar for about 6 months now, I play about 2 hours every day. So I'm not sure how the trem will be a few years down the line. The knife edges may wear out, since it's probably not made of high-grade steel.
Last edited by Kanthras at Nov 1, 2007,
Quote by Kanthras
I have one of those too. The trem never goes out of tune, even if you go Steve Vai-style bonkers on it and bottom it out repeatedly.

even with dime squeals?
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Popsai
even with dime squeals?

Yep. Even if you press the trem all the way down, as far as it will go.