Page 1 of 3
So, we don't have a constitution. I want one, so I'm going to write one. What do you think should be included?

The French one begins all men are born and remain equal. However, women aren't (although this has since been amended). I quite like that for a start. But what do you suggest?

Also, I don't know whether it should be English or British or what, but yeah, whatever. I don't care. I want the European constitution
Cheers for constitutions
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by This is the One
England has a constitution already.

Government + Rights + Laws = Constitution

Dorset these days..

We don't have a proper, written constitution in the style of americans. Just a collection of laws and acts and so on.

-Right to civil unions.
-No capital punishment. Ever.
-Right to bear arms.
-Legal drugs.
-Freedom of speech, press, religion, protest.
Quote by Meths
We don't have a proper, written constitution in the style of americans. Just a collection of laws and acts and so on.

-Right to civil unions.
-No capital punishment. Ever.
-Right to bear arms.
-Legal drugs.
-Freedom of speech, press, religion, protest.

As of when?!
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
since when in martian buggery have we had the freedom of speech in this country?! say one thing ABOUT let alone against foreigners we get hung from the nearest lampost!

right heres my ideas:

get people born here in to work and get the immigrants out (i dont care if ya dont like me saying that tough!!!)

death to paedo's and the like

blue humour commonplace and the death of the pc brigade

labour never back in power ever again. ever

upon discussing Shay Laren..

Originally Posted by FloyDZeD
I googled her, and now I have a boner. Thanks a lot.

and horny things we done as youngsters, this one involving involving poo..

Quote by meh17
1 Toddler 1 Cup

epic
Quote by little david
since when in martian buggery have we had the freedom of speech in this country?! say one thing ABOUT let alone against foreigners we get hung from the nearest lampost!

right heres my ideas:

get people born here in to work and get the immigrants out (i dont care if ya dont like me saying that tough!!!)

Erm, put the RATM cd away and join the real world, we have free speech, you idiot.

The people in this country could work if they liked, but they'd rather sit around claiming unemployment benefits.
Quote by little david

right heres my ideas:

Wow... BNP much?
If you disagree with anything I say, just take it as a joke
...or go to hell

Quote by break-me-in
As of when?!

I'm saying that's what should be in the constitution.

Quote by little david

right heres my ideas:

Wrong.
Quote by Alix_D
Erm, put the RATM cd away and join the real world, we have free speech, you idiot.

The people in this country could work if they liked, but they'd rather sit around claiming unemployment benefits.

+1
Even by saying that you're demonstrating your freedom of speech.
If we didn't have that then you'd be put in jail (at least) for speaking out against the government etc.
Quote by This is the One
+1
Even by saying that you're demonstrating your freedom of speech.
If we didn't have that then you'd be put in jail (at least) for speaking out against the government etc.

Limits to free speech aren't necessarily criticisms of the government. Incitement of racial and religious hatred laws are an infringement of free speech, as is the "crime" of denying the holocaust (not a law in the UK but is in most of mainland Europe).
Quote by little david

right heres my ideas:

And this is why I dislike British society. I'll bet you're a fan of Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson aren't you? Which do you read, the Mail or the Sun?
Your first rule would be incompatible with EU regulations, so that's not happening.
I don't trust this government enough to give them the power to take away my life for anything, let alone the Nick Griffin administration of 2020.
People took offense to stupid things long before the term 'PC' became commonplace, the only difference is the papers whine about it more now. I'd also like to point out - because I'll bet that you're referring to the stereotype of Muslims being offended at Christmas decorations - how many white people, Brits and Christians play the 'PC' card. You whining about political correctness is just as irritating as the 'PC brigade' whining about everything under the sun.
And please, do you honestly think the Tories would have done a better job over the last few years? And more to the point, next time you're sick and you go to the NHS GP's clinic and don't get charged, spare a thought for Clement Attlee and his Labour government, without whom you would be paying health Insurance like they do in oh so many other countries around the world. (I'd like t point out here, I think New Labour is a joke, I'm just making a point)

Back to the constitution:
I think it's a great idea. I think it should include words to the effect of 'You have a right to say what you want so long as you are not directly ordering, or threatening a person with, death or violence. You do not, however, have a right not to be offended.'
Quote by Meths
Limits to free speech aren't necessarily criticisms of the government. Incitement of racial and religious hatred laws are an infringement of free speech, as is the "crime" of denying the holocaust (not a law in the UK but is in most of mainland Europe).

Yeah but he was implying that we had no freedom of speech at all in this country which is clearly wrong. I mean on the whole you can say whatever you like and that religious hatred law is mostly there to stop terrorism etc. so i guess this would be a totally acceptable exception.
Quote by burningcowsrule
And this is why I dislike British society. I'll bet you're a fan of Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson aren't you? Which do you read, the Mail or the Sun?
Your first rule would be incompatible with EU regulations, so that's not happening.
I don't trust this government enough to give them the power to take away my life for anything, let alone the Nick Griffin administration of 2020.
People took offense to stupid things long before the term 'PC' became commonplace, the only difference is the papers whine about it more now. I'd also like to point out - because I'll bet that you're referring to the stereotype of Muslims being offended at Christmas decorations - how many white people, Brits and Christians play the 'PC' card. You whining about political correctness is just as irritating as the 'PC brigade' whining about everything under the sun.
And please, do you honestly think the Tories would have done a better job over the last few years? And more to the point, next time you're sick and you go to the NHS GP's clinic and don't get charged, spare a thought for Clement Attlee and his Labour government, without whom you would be paying health Insurance like they do in oh so many other countries around the world. (I'd like t point out here, I think New Labour is a joke, I'm just making a point)

yeah im a fan of jim davidson, hes a funny comedian IMHO although he doesnt exactly put his points across in a way thats gonna endear himself to the 'right people' secondly i dont read the papers, theyre to full of doom and gloom or fashion tips i got a bit wound up at first granted but i serve god knows how many foreigners in asda each day and very few ever say thank you. the ones that come here SOLEY FOR THE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS AND FOR TERRORISM PURPOSES should be deported without trial (for the latter of the two) i agree its mainly labour lefty twats that pull the pc card on everything, i have muslim mates that aint offended by xmas we shouldnt of gone in to europe, our heritage has gone up the creek cuz of that. im not bnp although i believe everybody has it inside them to say certain words in racist terms. not my opinion but i read it a while ago and it got me thinking. whats wrong with blue humour? i like it, alot of people do. its a joke, not the persons honest ideals unless they state so! hope ive cleared some of that up

Quote by meh17
1 Toddler 1 Cup

epic
Quote by Alix_D
''Thou shalt get Polish people to do the work because we have six million unemployed tossers who can't be arsed''

LOL im polish btw
Political threads really do dredge up the scum of the Pit.

And Daily Mail readers.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by little david
yeah im a fan of jim davidson, hes a funny comedian IMHO although he doesnt exactly put his points across in a way thats gonna endear himself to the 'right people' secondly i dont read the papers, theyre to full of doom and gloom or fashion tips i got a bit wound up at first granted but i serve god knows how many foreigners in asda each day and very few ever say thank you. the ones that come here SOLEY FOR THE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS AND FOR TERRORISM PURPOSES should be deported without trial (for the latter of the two) i agree its mainly labour lefty twats that pull the pc card on everything, i have muslim mates that aint offended by xmas we shouldnt of gone in to europe, our heritage has gone up the creek cuz of that. im not bnp although i believe everybody has it inside them to say certain words in racist terms. not my opinion but i read it a while ago and it got me thinking. whats wrong with blue humour? i like it, alot of people do. its a joke, not the persons honest ideals unless they state so! hope ive cleared some of that up

Jim Davidson should be executed. I know I said there should be no capital punishment but there are exceptions to every rule and Jim Davidson is the exception to that rule.

And you're criminally ignorant.

Quote by Kiwi Ace
The UK definitely does have a constitution, just not a written, or supreme law one - which has certain merits.

And certain drawbacks. Namely, they can shit all over our rights and it's perfectly legal.
Quote by Meths
Jim Davidson should be executed. I know I said there should be no capital punishment but there are exceptions to every rule and Jim Davidson is the exception to that rule.

And you're criminally ignorant.

And certain drawbacks. Namely, they can shit all over our rights and it's perfectly legal.

maybe i am, thats just me, dont judge everyone like me cuz of that care o tell me what those drawbacks are?

Quote by meh17
1 Toddler 1 Cup

epic
Quote by This is the One
England has a constitution already.

Government + Rights + Laws = Constitution

Dorset these days..

But you know what I mean... a proper constitution. I think it'd make things a lot clearer. The current laws we have are specific. For questions on things such as freedom of speech there isn't any main philosophy behind the laws - if we had a constitution we could see what we see as important.

I think freedom of speech is important and I think burningcowsrule got it pretty right.

And with Meths, our rights are being taken away and there is nothing illegal about it. A government legally can do whatever the hell it pleases - although there are European laws and the Geneva Convention and suchlike.
Quote by little david
maybe i am, thats just me, dont judge everyone like me cuz of that care o tell me what those drawbacks are?

He told you by saying that they can **** all over your rights and you cant legally do anything about it because you cant appeal that its in the constitution and they cant take it away from you....
Quote by mulletman500
So, we don't have a constitution. I want one, so I'm going to write one. What do you think should be included?

The French one begins all men are born and remain equal. However, women aren't (although this has since been amended). I quite like that for a start. But what do you suggest?

Also, I don't know whether it should be English or British or what, but yeah, whatever. I don't care. I want the European constitution

Magna Charta.

Pretty much a constitution.
Quote by little david

Oh right, fair enough. You know what? You have a point, I can't count the ammount of times I've held a door open to a foreigner and they've not said thank you, or I've picked something up for one when they've dropped it or I've moved out of the way to let them pass and they've blanked me. Brits on the other hand, well they're always SO polite, you walk down a street in Manchester and find yourself wondering where the news finds all these examples of white kids being involved in anti-social behaviour and the like...
How many foreigners have you personally come across that abuse the tax benefit system? Now, how many Brits have you come across that would count as 'dole-scum'? As for the ones planning terrorism, how many people have died on British soil in acts of terrorism in the last 10 years? How many people have died on British soil as a result of road accidents in the last 10 years?
And Labour are just as far right as the Tories nowadays, they just have different social priorities.
Please elaborate on this 'heritage' that you mention. It wouldn't happen to boil down to a desperate attempt by many Brits to cling onto the image of the British Empire in all it's glory instead of snapping back into reality and realising that the reason the country is going down the ****ter isn't because of foreign nationals, but because we have a society that takes little or no interest in the way that the country is run.
What's wrong with blue humour is that 90% of it comes from twats without an ounce of funny in their body, they're just the lowest common denominator and get laughs for being foul-mouthed and unoriginal. That to me isn't comedy. Hey, you have a right to enjoy it, but making it commonplace won't solve any problems AT ALL.
Quote by _Mayday_
No fat chicks.

derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
^Magna Carta. No 'h'.

Quote by mulletman500
And with Meths, our rights are being taken away and there is nothing illegal about it. A government legally can do whatever the hell it pleases - although there are European laws and the Geneva Convention and suchlike.

No. The US government cannot legally remove the right to free speech of its citizens. It violates the Constitution which means it would be an illegal law. Somewhat paradoxical but whatever.
Quote by burningcowsrule
Oh right, fair enough. You know what? You have a point, I can't count the ammount of times I've held a door open to a foreigner and they've not said thank you, or I've picked something up for one when they've dropped it or I've moved out of the way to let them pass and they've blanked me. Brits on the other hand, well they're always SO polite, you walk down a street in Manchester and find yourself wondering where the news finds all these examples of white kids being involved in anti-social behaviour and the like...
How many foreigners have you personally come across that abuse the tax benefit system? Now, how many Brits have you come across that would count as 'dole-scum'? As for the ones planning terrorism, how many people have died on British soil in acts of terrorism in the last 10 years? How many people have died on British soil as a result of road accidents in the last 10 years?
And Labour are just as far right as the Tories nowadays, they just have different social priorities.
Please elaborate on this 'heritage' that you mention. It wouldn't happen to boil down to a desperate attempt by many Brits to cling onto the image of the British Empire in all it's glory instead of snapping back into reality and realising that the reason the country is going down the ****ter isn't because of foreign nationals, but because we have a society that takes little or no interest in the way that the country is run.
What's wrong with blue humour is that 90% of it comes from twats without an ounce of funny in their body, they're just the lowest common denominator and get laughs for being foul-mouthed and unoriginal. That to me isn't comedy. Hey, you have a right to enjoy it, but making it commonplace won't solve any problems AT ALL.

maybe not to ya last point but i think it should be there for certain people to enjoy if we want rather than just eradicated totally, to me its a way of getting over disasters (hence hitler jokes and the like) and they are funny to some, just not to you . there should be some kinda way of getting the country back on its feet, british revolution? but seriously you are right, we vote labour- dont work. tory- dont work so why are british people so thick as not to actually vote a different party in? yes im tory purely cuz i dont think labour works. i wish left wingers would admit that foreigners are at least just a small part of the problem rather than just saying theyre all saints

Quote by meh17
1 Toddler 1 Cup

epic
Quote by little david
maybe not to ya last point but i think it should be there for certain people to enjoy if we want rather than just eradicated totally, to me its a way of getting over disasters (hence hitler jokes and the like) and they are funny to some, just not to you . there should be some kinda way of getting the country back on its feet, british revolution? but seriously you are right, we vote labour- dont work. tory- dont work so why are british people so thick as not to actually vote a different party in? yes im tory purely cuz i dont think labour works. i wish left wingers would admit that foreigners are at least just a small part of the problem rather than just saying theyre all saints

You just said that Tory doesn't work, but you are one. Then you say that you don't vote Labour because Labour doesn't work. You then go on to criticize society for only ever voting these 2 parties. You condemn society for a practice, which you yourself partake in.
Of course foreigners are part of the problem, but not as big a part as Brits. Why? BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE BRITS. Every group within society contributes to the overall problems of it, and the ammount that it contributes is generally directly proportional to its size.
I wish right wingers would realize that not all British Nationals are saint, that closing off the borders and kicking out immigrants - aside from being unfeasible - would cause economic collapse and that having a society based on their values is ridiculous in this day and age with the population the size that it is.
Back to the constitution, what is British tradition? I think if everyone went back to be all quiet and reserved, with a sense of humour it'd be fine. Cos then if you insulted someone they could laugh it off.

And you really can't generalise: some foreigners contribute, others are bad; some people who seem like chavs contribute, others scab off benefits.

I think the main problem is discrimination, whether it's positive or negative. People want to live in a fair society, but that's more or less impossible in a Capitalist society with a population this high.
Quote by mulletman500
People want to live in a fair society, but that's more or less impossible in a Capitalist society with a population this high.

He speaks the truth.
ok i put it to you what would you say to the idea that some foreign nationals earn their money but send it back to their home country (like admittedly the brits did in auf wiedersehen pet) therefor not being good for the economy at all! ive not seen it happen firsthand but it dont take a genius to propose that happens

i shouldnt get involved in these threads cuz yes im right wing and britain is very leftist atm

Quote by meh17
1 Toddler 1 Cup

epic
Page 1 of 3