alright so i have a 5150, and my dad just lent me his uberschall because our gigs are getting pretty big and he has something against peavey, personally its more brutal, but is there a way i can mount the 2 heads in the same rack and combine the signal up for 8 cabs? i heard it can be done but im not sure with these cause of the variences in both amps would it sound good bad or what? im totally confused on this subject
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
oops ha wrong thread
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
ok well at least you admit it was supposed to be in the GG&A forum.

To answer your question, there are 2 possible ways to combine the signals:

1. master/slave type setup- basically you plug the guitar into your preferred amp and if it has a preamp/line out (NOT THE SPEAKER OUTPUT) plug it into the input of the other amp and make sure the gain isn't too high. Then you can use the speaker outputs on both amps and the guitar sound will come out of both, including any preamp effects like distortion from the first amp so only one footswitch is needed to switch to distortion. It's also cheap because you only need an extra cable

2. get a type of effect that will split your guitar into 2 signals (an a/b/y splitter will do however a stereo chorus pedal will sound thicker, like you would hear on a professional recording) Then you can plug the 2 output signals into both amps. However it's only really practical if you either only use one amp channel for a song or are prepared to get a custom footswitch made to switch both amps to distortion simultainosley. slightly more expensive (about £40 for a good a/b/y splitter)

if you can't connect the 2 amps to 8 cabs as is, you will need some sort of power amp (or 2)

As for mounting both amps in a rack, if you take the amps out of their enclosures (assuming they are in enclosures) they are very unlikely to be 19" wide so you probably won't be able to rack mount them unless you get a custom size "rack" to hold them both in place. To be honest it shouldn't matter, if it really bothers you that much, you can quite easily get a custom case made for both of them (so long as you can afford it)
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Oct 31, 2007,