alright so i have a 5150, and my dad just lent me his uberschall because our gigs are getting pretty big and he has something against peavey, personally its more brutal, but is there a way i can mount the 2 heads in the same rack and combine the signal up for 8 cabs? i heard it can be done but im not sure with these cause of the variences in both amps would it sound good bad or what? im totally confused on this subject
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
As far as I know, you can only wire up 4 cabs total (2 per head) without over-splitting your signal and compromising tone.

You can rack mount two heads, but you have to custom order a case and expect it to weigh a TON.
i know but i mean run 2cabs into each head and then combine the signal from my guitar to play out of both heads at once? sorry i didnt mean to type 8
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
There is a new device, created in part by George Lynch, that lets you split you GUITAR signal to up to 3 amps... like an A/B box, but BETTER! You can use any of three amps on any combination, as a matter of fact... including 3 at once! as for lining out to 8 cabs, dunno... most famous peeps use 1-4 cabs and use the others for dummys/props. Any guitarist worth his weight in equipment should let the sound engineer amplify his sound to the needed level, and your monitor mixes will suffice for hearing yourself. 4 cabs per head seems as if it would suck too much from each head, and sound thinner/weaker. just mic your best 2 cabs, use the other two for stage volume, and the other 4 (!) as props. Your ears and guitar tone will thank you!

It's all I can offer.
Last edited by WFMedia at Oct 31, 2007,