i have an Ibanez RG350EX and i really don´t like the edge III(because it doesn´t stay in tune)
can someone tell me what trem can i buy that is really good and can be placed where my edge III is.
i want you to tell me another one than an OFR(because they are really expensive)(like $180).
so i want a good LFR(cosmo black or black) trem.
can someone help me?
and if you find one can you tell me its name and an internet page where i can find it.

I would really appreciate you help.
er maybe the jacckson double locking or the edge pro (not the II or III the originnal edge is around the same as an OFR)
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
There would definately be some re routing in order if you want to re install a tremolo. It's not just a matter of whether or not the unit can be crammed into th existing hole, but the pole peices have to line up so it pivots in the right place.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
There would definately be some re routing in order if you want to re install a tremolo. It's not just a matter of whether or not the unit can be crammed into th existing hole, but the pole peices have to line up so it pivots in the right place.

yeah hes right, if not take it to a pro and then it might cost alot more
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Kahler or Gotoh trems.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Kahler top-mounting trems are much better than Edge IIIs and just require drilling Tune-O-Matic and Stop-Bar holes. Not too much trouble. And u might be able to stick a normal Kahler into the Edge cavity. But i really dont kno about that.
Quote by qotsa1998
Kahler top-mounting trems are much better than Edge IIIs and just require drilling Tune-O-Matic and Stop-Bar holes. Not too much trouble. And u might be able to stick a normal Kahler into the Edge cavity. But i really dont kno about that.

They are still fairly expensive, I'm guessing the threadstarter wants a good Lic. FR/Replacement trem.
Like I said, Gotoh are about a third of the price of the OFR.
The Schallers are much better quality that the OFR's in my honest opinion but they still are fairly pricey.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Maybe Jackson Double locking trem.
My gear:
Jackson RR3 moded (EMG 81/85, OFR)
Jackson JS30 (with Duncan JB/Jazz from my RR3)
Peavey studio pro 112
MXR Double shot dist.
MXR 10 band EQ
Crybaby 535Q

Metal Rulez
problem is, in the US the OFR is possibly the cheapest retrofit quality trem... also there's the problem of whether it'll fit or not- i have no idea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by FRDesign
take a pic of your egde III. I bet its not set up right.

i didn´t ment to say that it detunes half a step or something like that.
just a few cent.
i want a better trem for that and other things like:
sustain
feel
etc...
Quote by barcelona_rov
i have an Ibanez RG350EX and i really don´t like the edge III(because it doesn´t stay in tune)
can someone tell me what trem can i buy that is really good and can be placed where my edge III is.
i want you to tell me another one than an OFR(because they are really expensive)(like $180).
so i want a good LFR(cosmo black or black) trem.
can someone help me?
and if you find one can you tell me its name and an internet page where i can find it.

I would really appreciate you help.

problem solved. Get a PING Floyd Rose. Same exact design and material as an OFR except its made under License by PING. Its the only Licensed floyd to have Floyd Roses name on it. Its EXACTLY the same as an original.
You can get one here
www.axcessories.com
Quote by Maniaxe
problem solved. Get a PING Floyd Rose. Same exact design and material as an OFR except its made under License by PING. Its the only Licensed floyd to have Floyd Roses name on it. Its EXACTLY the same as an original.
You can get one here
www.axcessories.com

NO. DO NOT BUY PING! I have heard lots of complaints with these, especially the cheap base plates they use

EDIT: On top of thta I've read they use cheap finishes that rust easy.
Last edited by CJRocker at Nov 1, 2007,
Quote by barcelona_rov
i didn´t ment to say that it detunes half a step or something like that.
just a few cent.
i want a better trem for that and other things like:
sustain
feel
etc...
You wont get much more sustain out of any Floating bridge. And If your trem is set up right, it does stay in tune.
you can get better sustain out of a better floyd, generally.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CJRocker
NO. DO NOT BUY PING! I have heard lots of complaints with these, especially the cheap base plates they use

EDIT: On top of thta I've read they use cheap finishes that rust easy.

I disagree
i Have one on a guitar of mine and its perfect. I have never heard one complaint about a ping FR. Im pretty sure you're thinking of something else
get the ibanez ZR
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
[quote="'[A"]cetate']get the ibanez ZR
Then when the bearing wears out or snaps, you have to replace the whole unit.
About £160.

Where as buying a floyd, you can replace parts on it easily, even if it's a cheap licensed one.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Quote by Maniaxe
I disagree
i Have one on a guitar of mine and its perfect. I have never heard one complaint about a ping FR. Im pretty sure you're thinking of something else

I know what I'm talking about. Besides, you can't judge something like that on how good it is new. You have to judge it on how it is 5 years from now. I've played a few with Pings, and they were cheap feeling. They're cutting corners on its materials and finish. I would rather spend $170 on something that will literally last forever then $140 on something that will need replacing and look like crap in 5 years.
An original Floyd Rose WILL, I repeat...WILL retro fit into an Edge III's slot.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Quote by CobenBlack
ofr expensive? get over it, in england its £160, the equivalent of $320.

on the other hand the gotoh is good and cheaper

look man how old are you?
do you have a job?

because i am only 14 and i don´t have a job, so that is why it is expensive for me.
and my mom and dad just bought me a guitar so i can´t go to them and tell them to buy me something of $200