Hey guys, I'm just wondering what the best things to do for weight gain?

I'm not exactly really really skinny or anything, I'm also quite strong, I'm just not very large. I'm relatively toned, I go to the gym etc, but I'm only 16, and don't fancy any of these supplements on the market for weight gain, so..any suggestions? I have a decent diet, apart from I've sent the past 2 weeks living on hot butteries and pies, but I'm normally pretty good.

Any helpful suggestions welcomed
It sounds obvious and im sure it will be said again but literally just eating a bit more, upping your calorie intake at meals, asking your parents to cook a bit extra and trying to eat just a little bit beyond the limit you feel comfortable. Also dont do cardio! If you are burning calories everyday you will keep your weight down, plus eating a bit more (not crap hopefully), im sure you will put on a bit, nah dont bother with supplements, not at your age, you have much better things to spend your money on.
Diezel, Motherfucker
The Gym

Seriously start pumping the weights and stuff.
Maybe protein shakes aswell

Build muscle mass which weighs more than fat., and you will look ripped to hell if you keep it up
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Quote by ian1977
i got the opposite problem. you can have some of my fat.

2nd, you can have mine too
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
If youre trying to bulk up, eat a lot more, but dont eat unhealthy. When you workout: less reps and more weight (about 70-80% of your max)

A good 3 split workout (3x a week)
Day1: Chest/Triceps/Shoulders
Day2: Back/Biceps/Forearms/Abs
Day3: Legs

Less cardio, more intense lifting (with Rammstein)
Doesn't bother me hugely, its just i seem to sometimes get associated with the stereotypical skinny gay guys at school, and I don't want that..

I've upped calorie intake, and am eating twice what my mates eat for lunch, had a footlong and six inch subway today, so I'll keep that up
yeh i have the same problem. i work out all the time and i started drinking proteins shakes for a meal and ive put on some weight but its muscle still. 120 lbs of muscle. lol. im short.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Quote by CLVPX
Hey guys, I'm just wondering what the best things to do for weight gain?

I'm not exactly really really skinny or anything, I'm also quite strong, I'm just not very large. I'm relatively toned, I go to the gym etc, but I'm only 16, and don't fancy any of these supplements on the market for weight gain, so..any suggestions? I have a decent diet, apart from I've sent the past 2 weeks living on hot butteries and pies, but I'm normally pretty good.

Any helpful suggestions welcomed

Rapid weight gainer (it mixes with water) then work out casually to tone yourself up a bit. Sorted.
Quote by Craigo
Rapid weight gainer (it mixes with water) then work out casually to tone yourself up a bit. Sorted.

Mmm.. Ok, if it's cheap, it shall do
Quote by ian1977
i got the opposite problem. you can have some of my fat.

+1
I don't even shred
Heh..I said weight gain, not obese, but your friend McDonalds is a EVIL Multi-National Corporation who slaughter beautiful cows and fry them. And I, faithfully eat them.
well dont gain fat cuz that isint healty just eat a hell lot of protein, like raw eggs a lot of fish, stuff like that, ive got the same problem and im going to the gym as well itl take some time but it starts growing::
''courage is not enough to forget''
Fatty.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by DyingToLive623
I'd like to introduce you to my friend named McDonalds.

Damnit, you beat me to it.

Now, I never read that you wanted to gain healthy weight, so let's work you out a flexible diet that I'm sure you'll be able to follow.

Try this, fry 2 lbs of bacon, then, pour the grease into a cup and mix with protein powder. That's pure weight gain.

If that's not enough, melt in a stick of butter and dip the bacon in ranch dressing or maple syrup. Then make some toast, and butter it with pure lard.

It's a rough diet, but it will get you solid results, guaranteed.

On a more serious note, if you want to get good gains, eat fewer carbs and sugars, and more protein and fat. Sugar and carbs really only feed fat, then your body draws the energy back out. Protein is the easiest thing for your body to use to gain weight healthily, as it requires some synthesis of stored fat to digest, and is easily used by your body to build and repair. Sugar is the worst thing for gaining weight in a healthy manner, sugar is the desired form of energy for your body, meaning that you eat it, and it gets absorbed directly into your body, little energy is needed to digest it, and it is easily stored.

In short, protein and fat = good, sugar and carbs = bad. That means you will have to keep an eye on your fruits and vegetables, they are good for you, but they contain sugar, which you need to keep an eye on.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
to gain weight and and get toned, you need to eat TONS of protein. Protein is your friend. don't be afraid of protein shakes, protein bars, bigger steaks, peanut butter, etc.
however, since protein is so hard to digest, you need to eat lots of fiber and drink plenty of water. also, peanut butter and steak is VERY fattening, so you can't eat TOO much of it without working out, because then you will just get fat.

Good luck. Oh, and you still HAVE to do cardio at least for a short time, to keep the fat gain to a minimum. remember, the goal is to gain muscle and to get toned.

once you think you have put on enough muscle, then you can start doing more strenuous cardio, such as bike riding, swimming, or stadium running. at this point, cut the protein intake a little bit and lift only enough to get a proper workout.

DO NOT LIFT TOO MUCH.......EVER!!!!!!! IT WILL RUIN YOUR PLAN AND YOU CAN GET BADLY INJURED!!!!!!!!
Quote by srv_king
tuna and rice my friend, tuna and rice

I swear by this... like seriously.

Great minds think alike
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

SmellyHarolds 5 step guide to gaining lean muscle mass:

1. Protein. Try and eat 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. Try and get this from wholefood sources (red meat, chicken, tuna etc) primarily, use whey protein shakes as your secondary source.

2. Eat s**t loads. Aim for 6 -8 smaller meals a day, each one containing around 500 calories. Your calorie split should be 40 / 40 / 20 = carbs / protein / fat.

3. Carbs. Avoid white pasta, white bread etc. If you need carbs got for high GI carbs such as oats.

4. Do big compound lifts. Squats, deadlifts, bench, bent over rows will make you a man. 1000 situps, swiss balls, kick backs etc will make your balls shrink.

5. Be realistic. At best you will gain 1 - 2 pounds of lean muscle A MONTH. Anything else will be fat gains, you CANNOT gain muscle mass without gaining fat.

Follow these 5 basic principles and I will guarantee you gain extra lean muscle mass.

SH
Quote by Craigo

i googled that and couldnt find it..where can you get it?
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
Quote by 12epi345
i googled that and couldnt find it..where can you get it?

Avoid that stuff, it's basically sugar / simple carbs and other c**p. All your weight gain will be fat....

SH