So since the GT6 has equalizer, and modeler would it depreciate the quality of the amps sound. Then would the ME 50 be better because it is just effects ? The amp would either be a Crate V5 Tube or Laney LG35R or Hartke GT60c.
i own the gt6 and run it through a trip.rectifier and it rocks.....theres a thing called the 4 cable method....running it like this you can use it as a pedal board.Basically your bypassing the gt6's preamps and using your amps preamp.
Quote by PsychomanZ
i own the gt6 and run it through a trip.rectifier and it rocks.....theres a thing called the 4 cable method....running it like this you can use it as a pedal board.Basically your bypassing the gt6's preamps and using your amps preamp.

4 cable method alone will not bypass the preamp section on the GT-6, you'll have to disable the preamp/speaker effect block. I can't remember specifically, but I think I remember using that unit and the preamp effect block cannot be bypassed. The effects loop function on the GT-6 also does not have a dedicated on/off controller and you cannot define where the loop actually falls in the effects chain. This shouldn't really be a problem, but if you're looking for the most flexibility, go with a GT-8.