I would like to get started on soloing being I never tried and always skipped the solos. I was jsut wonderign where I should get started? I would be pleased if you can post some song solos to start off with or some good lessons on the site to get me going.

Much Appreciated,
Thanks,

G-N
Quote by Iamonfire
Dear sweet zombie Jesus, I just creamed my pants.
Smells like teen spirit.
Easiet one to play.
BY FAR.
Radio/Video
By. System Of A Down.
Very easy also.
Want something easy that sounds cool?
Atreyu - Right Side of the Bed
Slate me for recommending Atreyu, but it's a good solo to start with as it uses several important techniques
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
Want something easy that sounds cool?
Atreyu - Right Side of the Bed
Slate me for recommending Atreyu, but it's a good solo to start with as it uses several important techniques

Thanks. Are any of the soloing lessons on this site good?
Quote by Iamonfire
Dear sweet zombie Jesus, I just creamed my pants.
The fastest way to get started in my opinion is learning to find the key of a song by ear. In a lot of pop/rock songs it's the first chord of the progression, but not always of course. Try going up and down the low E string to find that ONE note that suits your songs chord progression the best. In a lot of cases this is your key. Next, learn the pentatonic scale in its most common shape, use this to solo in the keys you found out

This is an easy way to get started, once you get familiair with this, it will be a lot easier to learn, understand and use music theory.
The easiest solo in the world is probably in You Talk Way Too Much by The Strokes. Sooooo easy. But start by getting some speed up by learning scales. After that, try what u want. If u want a little practice, the solo in 7 Nation Army is easy.
Early Metallica is just loaded with great material for the budding young guitarist - most of Hetfield's leadwork is strong, if a bit simplistic. Tracks like Fade to Black and Welcome Home (Sanitarium) have a lot to offer the student as they are accessible to the late beginner:

-(12)
-----(12)
-
-
-

...can't get much easier than that!

But if you are progressing to the intermediate or even the advanced level the main solos by Hammett are good fodder - pretty standard because they set the freaking standard!

So Hammett sounds like everybody else...that's what happens when you basically teach everyone else as they grow up listening to you.

That's how I learned, that's how all my friends learned. I do not know a single guitar player who has not benefited from the Four Horsemen.

And if you start to get better and get a bit bored with them, Megadeth is the next logical step up.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

memorizing tabs for solos is definetly a great way to get started soloing (it's def. how i started) but just keep in mind that it can only take you so far. The best way to not only play solos, but to understand them is to know your chord qualities and to know what scales are associated with those chords. This really does not have to be as hard as it sounds. Know a 12-bar blues song? All you need to know is one pentatonic shape and you can solo for days in any key. there are lessons on this site that will show you your pent. shapes but to get started, just learn the one with the E-string root. If the song is in the key of A-minor, play that shape starting on an A (5th fret of your E-string). seriously man, it's almost ridiculous how many people have gotten rich/famous off of those 5 notes. Once you've got that down, learn your major scale (it helps to start off by just learning one shape with a root on your low E-string), learn your minor scale as well. eventually you should also learn mixolydian and dorian, these shapes are easily available on the web, probably on this site. don't be scared of these scales, just think of them as modifications off of the major scale, they only really change a one or two notes. hope that helps man.