Sham 69... Any one into them?

Yes we know there no Jimmy Pursey

No, we don't care

Yes, I know you dont care either
Good band, I almost saw them but Subhumans was the night after and there was no way I could drive an hour and a half for both. So of course I picked Subhumans.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Great great band. I really regret not seeing them when Pursey was in the band, but I wouldn't bother now though.

I hate it when bands reform with a new frontman. They are are just trying to rinse some cash because they know that the name will bring in the punters. They should just form new bands instead of trying to cling onto every last thread of their previous band.

Sham 69 with out Pursey. Screw that...
+1 to Brian
Luckily I got to see 'em with Jimmy last year. T'was good.
They should take the '69' out of the name now.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Normally I don't go for the "old-band-with-new-singer", but...if you watch this very recent Sham video, you'll see that Jimmy screwed up singing "Angels With Dirty Faces".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJMxc6X_CYk

When Hank Rollins and Ian MacCash met Jimmy they found out that Mr. Pursey's more than a lil bit crazy, as chronicled in "Get In The Van".

So...maybe they got a new singer because they didn't want a punk version of Syd Barret, particularly one who can't remember the words to the songs.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
I never really got into them (or any Oi! for that matter...).
My bassist was talking about opening up for them a little while ago, but none of us cared about the show enough to do all the work they wanted.

But I've heard a lot of fans are disappointed with the "new" band.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by johnnynemo
Normally I don't go for the "old-band-with-new-singer", but...if you watch this very recent Sham video, you'll see that Jimmy screwed up singing "Angels With Dirty Faces".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJMxc6X_CYk

When Hank Rollins and Ian MacCash met Jimmy they found out that Mr. Pursey's more than a lil bit crazy, as chronicled in "Get In The Van".

So...maybe they got a new singer because they didn't want a punk version of Syd Barret, particularly one who can't remember the words to the songs.

He did fine last year when I saw them.
Maybe he's gone crazy since then.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
I seriously think that you guys are too quick to dismiss Jimmy Pursey as just a singer.

Jimmy Pursey was the man who did more than anyone else to stop fascism in Britain.

He cried when they threw the Hitler salute and chairs and destroyed venues

He refused to play live shows.

He took an extremely dangerous direction in the 80's. He added political messages to songs, and sang them with greatly increased passion. Sham covered "Mr you're a better man than I".

"I don't really care no more / I don't really care / A black man's black and a white man's white / we're all the bleedin' same"

( - what have we got?)

What did the rest of the band do?

Jimmy Pursey was the voice of the working class youth. He was a hero to thousands of kids, and he told them to fight fascism. The Pistols, **** Sparrer, the Damned did nothing. That's right, In 1977 when Rotten voiced his opinions on just about anything, he neglected to cool the race riots. Other working class bands goaded their audiences on.

I think that's a bit more important, captain conservative, than being able to remember lyrics.

People stood still while the right wing protested and destroyed the lives of the asian community, Peeople stood still... while Jimmy Stood up.

And what did Jimmy Pursey get for all this? F*ck all.

"Can you condone a man if your faith he doesn't hold
Say the colour of his skin is the colour of his soul
Can you say that that man, for king and country must die
Then Mister you're a better man than I."
That video made me chuckle.

The parents in the front row are blatantly extreme conservatives.

Just goes to show what people will do to be on Television.

It also highlights Jimmy's envisionment for a new world order of equality, not hate.

Thank you Jimmy Pursey.