how do i do it??? i have had so many people tell me different things and i would try them and then they are wrong, how do i get that screaching sound out of my string??? just curious....it would really help me with my guitar playing
Lots of gain, user quite high action, if its to low they wont come, humbuckers!

Just angle pick hard, itll come eventually, took me about a fortnight to learn em
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.
what u do is hold the pick really low and when you pick kind of scoop down then up and pick it with the pick but then right after that have your thumb barely slide over the string it will take a while to get down
what you are attempting to do is strike the string with your pick, and then, gently brush the string for a split second with your thumb, it would help to attack the string so you can put your thumb on the string quickly... your thumb acts like a node and cut out the fundamental note leaving just the harmonic... but try it with distortion, then clean, if you can do it with clean tones, youve mastered it
There's a lesson on this

-MM
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
I couldn't do them until I switched to a smaller size pick. Then they came out really easily. A ton of gain helps as well but I can get them to work (not loudly) on an acoustic.
i presume hot humbuckers are going to pick up the harmonic easier than say some cool single coils?
do a harmonic by hitting a note then gently press u're side of u're thumb on the string,i've seen many people vibrating even before they hit the harmonic , which sounded like crap. hit the harmonics before vibrato
Quote by i cant think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5O8P-r5Rk watch this guy, he was katie meluas teacher.. he is pretty good

And he openly admits that??? He's a brave man...

Pinch harmonics are HARD, no two ways about it, there's little point attempting them until your basic picking technique is pretty damn solid.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
And he openly admits that??? He's a brave man...

Pinch harmonics are HARD, no two ways about it, there's little point attempting them until your basic picking technique is pretty damn solid.

i agree. i think creating a pinch harmonic is dead set EASY, anybody can do it, but being able to do it when needed for me is very very very hard. I cant basically. I still doing basic practise with them.
i get ok harmonics on my strat, although i do have enough distortion to kill a donkey.
look on youtube for a vid, what i did
How do I change my sig?
Just get that thumb in there, thats all you can really do. Practice doing it chromatically on all the strings and go up the neck.
Keep watching videos on youtube and you'll get it.

It doesn't take a master to do pinch harmonics without gain.
Quote by timesharescam
i get ok harmonics on my strat, although i do have enough distortion to kill a donkey.

oh thats the quote of the week for me. love it. lol, imagine if you had the likes of a fully loaded les paul or michael kelly, you could kill elephants too !