Im have a friend that just bought a drumset.

he has a little experience but not much.

im looking for a new drummer in my band, but im still having trouble fining one.

how long do you think it would take for him to get up to par for my band

www.myspace.com/dancingundercover

i know people learn at different speeds, but on average....
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
If this is marketing than your one Smart man

and Not very long because theres nothing really difficult I heard drumwise, if he knows basics give him a month and he should be up to par, but in my opinion and would try to mix up the drums alot more cause I didnt hear any field or anything moderately complex
Not to demean good drummers, but you don't need to be great to get by in the typical rock band. As long as he has good time and doesn't skip counts and stuff he should be fine in a few months.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Last edited by Wayward_Son at Oct 31, 2007,
I've played drums for several years and still play it as my main instrument. It's not hard to play rock beat 101 stuff like Kiss and The Beatles. Just make sure you learn timing (w/ metronome) and how to count and keep a beat in 4/4 time at least. But if you want to spice up the song a bit you're gonna need to do fills on the drums, which can throw off your timing if you're not skilled. If you've ever heard Raymond Herrera from Fear Factory you'll understand that good drumming can sometimes make or break a song.
ive been playing since i was like 6 and im the drummer in my band...you cant have someone who just started, unless he's ginger baker there's just no way (ginger baker played for the first time on an actual set when he was 15 and then he joined a band)...you're gonna absolutely have to go with someone more experienced, there's no way you can pick up drums just like that, look for another drummer fer sure
Get him a metronome and MAKE him play along with it for a couple of hours a day. After a month or two he should be able to play your songs. You'll have to force him to practice though.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
great songs, don't know about the drumming though.
Looking for a new sig!
Depends what kind of sense of rhythm this guy already has. If the kid is brand new to music, chances are it could be a while, but an experienced musician with a good sense of rhythm and coordination could pick up on basic drumming relatively quickly. It's the technique that will take the most time.
It depends on how much he practices and how good he is at music. I've been teaching myself drums but I never play them so I'm not very good.

You're songs are promising
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown