Here's the deal. I am stuck between the Hellraiser and Classic (Schecter C-1 series). I play metal mostly. But I plan on starting jazz, blues and neo-classical soon. I know the Classic is best for the latter 3, but I play metal first and foremost.

So, unless I can't get a decent metal tone from the classic, I'm probably going for it over the Hellraiser.

My question: Can I get a good metal tone from the classic without having to change p-ups?

And yes, I know I need a new amp. Don't bother mentioning that.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
i love the hellraiser. roll off the tone a little and the neck EMG can do ok with cleans. dont use the 81 for cleans though. that just doesnt work.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
well first you need to go play the guitars. one has emg's and the other has seymour duncans. i actually played a jackson with emgs, then one with sd's and liked the sd's better for metal. i guess i just have different tastes than some people. basically what im saying is that you might like the classic better for metal than you think. and it is way more versatile.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I've never played the hellraiser but i do own the classic. i guess it depends what kind of metal tone you're looking for; according to the seymour duncan site dave mustaine plays a JB so that says something... but yeah i find myself playing a bit of lamb of god, it'd be best to try em both out if you could.