So I've noticed my blues playing is getting kind of stale. So I figure the best way to change it up is to study the greats. I just finished learning the first solo to "Pride and Joy" by SRV, and so I'd like some artists other than him.
Clapton?

Rory Gallagher?

some slides from Duane Allman?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Make It Wit Chu by Queens of the Stone Age. is a bit bluesy, and will definately unstale ur blues stuff. Maybe try some good Pink Floyd stuff.
Quote by ECistheBest
Clapton?

Rory Gallagher?

some slides from Duane Allman?

clapton..duh..can't believe I forgot him. yeah I should really work on my slide playing. I'm terrible at it. I can't afford to get a new guitar for it though, and my action is low.

I'll check QOTSA out, thanks.
Quote by that1l)ude
blues is all about improvising.

IMPROVISE

..like I said, my playing is becoming stale. I'm looking for new solos to learn so I can add new ideas to my improv and writing.
John Lee Hooker has a very good groove and his licks and very clean and precise too.

Elmore James if you want someone other than Duane Allman and some of the standard
slide players.

T-Bone Walker is one of the first musicians to use the electric guitar for the blues and wrote many famous songs including Call It Stormy Monday, and Chuck Berry and many blues and rock guitarists have taken thigns from hi mand his playing.

Muddy Waters is a great guitarists, blending the Delta blues and Chicago blues on te electric guitar and he has great improv. and slide playign as well.
Crossroads

Good luck.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by therussian
Crossroads

Good luck.

great idea. seems difficult but definitely do able.
Albert King - I'll Play The Blues For You
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
The solo in Freebird. It's basically a huge set of repeated licks that you can add to your guitar playing.
So crossroads is definitely not as hard as I thought it'd be. I was able to master the first solo in 30 minutes. The second one looks a little bit tougher though.
second one is just Am guitar solo in the "box" of fret 17~20. not that bad. i learned it once, but i forgot it already. i improv whenever now... but it is indeed a nice motivation.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
yeah. the only thing is is that playing a les paul makes it hard (for me anyway) to play up that high..oh well, i'll do it anyway.
hendrix - machine gun

/thread
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train