Yesterday i stepped on the chord of my external hard drive causing it to fall off the desk onto the hard tiled floor. I picked it up and looked at my monitor and it displayed a message similar to the one when i disconnect it. when i try to turn it on now, it starts up makes a clicking noise a few times, tries to start up again, makes the clicking noise again, then does nothing. i havent opened it up yet because i dont have a screwdriver small enough, but does anyone have any ideas of what is wrong with it? will i be able to get the information off it somehow (it has all my movies, tv shows, and music on it)?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
You've most likely broken it beyond repair. The clicking noise is symptomatic of the read heads hitting the platter, which is game over.
1) We don't know if you can information off of it, we don't have enough information or the technical knowledge to draw a conclusion. I wouln't get my hopes up, but I've been able to recover information from harddrives that have stopped working, then started working a few months later.

2) Take it to a repairshop or something, but they might have to format your harddrive

3) Your harddrives has a monitor...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Take it in to wherever you bought it. Most places like Best Buy and Future Shop can, at the very least, pull off most of your files from it.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Quote by Kensai
1) We don't know if you can information off of it, we don't have enough information or the technical knowledge to draw a conclusion. I wouln't get my hopes up, but I've been able to recover information from harddrives that have stopped working, then started working a few months later.

2) Take it to a repairshop or something, but they might have to format your harddrive

3) Your harddrives has a monitor...?

no. but my computer does. which is connected to my harddrive.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"