Right ive been setting up a function band for months now and have had so many singers and bassists messing me about etc. I had to get in a kid prodigy bassist and singer who is mid 20s as well.

We were offered a gig coming up and the contract stipulates all the band must be as on the posters and demo, but the demo and photos show the old singer who is a bit different, and we are not that tight compared to it. I cant afford to get another demo and photos done..ive spent everything on gear so would need to get them professionally done. The agent also said they werent happy with the band who were in for the gig before because they sounded crap, so i dont know whether to take it, what would happen if they werent happy with the lineup or the sound (contract wise).
What size band are you in? Contracts at a grass roots level screams power trip.

I think you should talk to the promotor about the situation and see what the reaction is before you commit.
Quote by _ezekiel_
What size band are you in? Contracts at a grass roots level screams power trip.

I think you should talk to the promotor about the situation and see what the reaction is before you commit.

its 5 piece wedding/club band. if i tell him that he will tell us to f off because its our first gig and we have messed about a bit. if we do the gig we might get away with saying the main guys were sick with a band flu but got last minute replacements in.
Quote by Jackolas
Just tell him you do Freebird...

...And all will be well in the world.

no one knows that song in the uk. Sweet Home Alabama tho..
Quote by kriscornella2@g
its 5 piece wedding/club band. if i tell him that he will tell us to f off because its our first gig and we have messed about a bit. if we do the gig we might get away with saying the main guys were sick with a band flu but got last minute replacements in.

Go for it. You'll either put on a good or bad performance, and as this is your first gig it shouldn't matter.

Promotors are the lowest of the low, believe me, as a professional and touring band you will come to realise this in time
Quote by _ezekiel_
Go for it. You'll either put on a good or bad performance, and as this is your first gig it shouldn't matter.

Promotors are the lowest of the low, believe me, as a professional and touring band you will come to realise this in time

we are not touring its a local playing band. The guy is an agent however, and importantly most of our gigs should come through him so if i screw up i would be losing out on a massive amount of work that ive invested in (pa, lighting, demo, pictures, website etc)