i really like this guitar although i have not played it i was wondering what people think of these guitars. on here i always here good things about prs.

and what is the piezo system

what is good about the way the neck is connected on this guitar

http://www.stevesmusic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_20&products_id=1875

please no fender epi or gibson talk
song stuck in my head today

Piezo I think is an extra pickup sort of, looks like a tiny mic under the bridge, that records the strings sort of like an acoustic guitar. I played a B.C. Rich Eagle that had one and the sound was quite amazing through my ears. Many higher end guitars have these, Petrucci EBMM, Parkers, I believe Joe Satch has some with this. It is just like an acoustic pickup, sou you can play acoustic with your electric.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
It's just somenthing to record with, or play through a PA like an acoustic. I've played a higher end version of that guitar, and it was pretty sweet. Never really liked hollows though.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
There are small crystal pickups in each saddle that transmit vibration into electrical signal and send it out to an amp. You don't have to connect to a PA to use it, I believe those PRS hollows come with a smart jack, so you can use both mag and piezo pickups through the same amp or split them to two inidividual outputs. The site does not have the right guitar shown with the description, and the price is way off (the hollow carved model with piezo is over 3 grand). The description is talking about this...

The pic show this...

Judging from the price, it's the SE model without a doubt. The top is flat, the F-hole is a little goofy looking, and the pickguard uglies up the guitar. The SE model does not have a piezo pickup and the guitar is made in Korea. Other than that, I've heard good things, but you can get the guitar for cheaper elsewhere.
Quote by TwoString
There are small crystal pickups in each saddle that transmit vibration into electrical signal and send it out to an amp. You don't have to connect to a PA to use it, I believe those PRS hollows come with a smart jack, so you can use both mag and piezo pickups through the same amp or split them to two inidividual outputs. The site does not have the right guitar shown with the description, and the price is way off (the hollow carved model with piezo is over 3 grand). The description is talking about this...

The pic show this...

Judging from the price, it's the SE model without a doubt. The top is flat, the F-hole is a little goofy looking, and the pickguard uglies up the guitar. The SE model does not have a piezo pickup and the guitar is made in Korea. Other than that, I've heard good things, but you can get the guitar for cheaper elsewhere.

i believe the bottom one is almost correct but it is in blue(there different guitars click on the picture and it gives you a different bigger one) the piezo is an option you can get put in for more money . does anyone know anything about the way the neck and body are joined it says there is a block of wood joining them together

my question is is that good bad or no difference?

Quote by lbc_sublime
i believe the bottom one is almost correct but it is in blue(there different guitars click on the picture and it gives you a different bigger one) the piezo is an option you can get put in for more money . does anyone know anything about the way the neck and body are joined it says there is a block of wood joining them together

my question is is that good bad or no difference?

Again, the description on the page you linked to does not talk about the SE model. Go here...

http://prsguitars.com/secustomsh/index.html

The SE model does not have a piezo option. The block of wood you're talking about is between the top and back of the guitar where the bridge is, but again, the SE model is different. I can't stress this enough, the description on the site you linked to talks about an entirely different guitar that shares none of the features with the guitar pictured other than the fact that it has the PRS name on it and happens to be slightly hollow.
tyhank you very much i am gonna try to find the one witha piezo option on the prs site and see if i like it then

Well, the model that comes with a piezo bridge looks completely different and costs well over 3 grand. Not to keep dashing your dreams, but you just aren't going to make this happen without spending a crap load of money. You always have the ability to drop an aftermarket piezo bridge in that guitar though...get yer mod on.
Here's a guitar that's the same price that has Piezos .

Michael Kelly Hybrid Special.

I've played a few, and they have been *spectacular*. Very wide variety of tones.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.