would celestion vintage 30's or celestion G12T 75's work better in a cab with a peavey 6505 head for metal type? drop C, breakdowns, that kind of stuff
your a smart cookie, I'll say G12Ts, they're ment for scooped mids and high gain type stuff.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
with a 6505 head, id say not the Vintage 30s. U kinda scared me with the thread title.
Quote by qotsa1998
with a 6505 head, id say not the Vintage 30s. U kinda scared me with the thread title.

i would never buy those, i just knew it would get people pissed enough to look. so the 75's would probly be better?
yeah ive got a cab with the G12T's in it, good speakers.
They've alot more low end compared to the V30's in my opinion!
The other guitarist in my band has the 1960AV so ive a pretty good point of view, the 75's sound very good with my cranked peavey running through them.
My Gear:
Jackson RR3 + Bill Lawrence L500XL

Sennheiser EW500 Wireless
T-bone EWS wireless
IbanezTS9
MXR 6Band EQ
Ibanez WD7
Decimator

Peavey VK100
Epiphone ValveJunior
Kustom Quad100DFX 2x12
MicroCube!
Marshall 1960A 4 x 12
Quote by ianguitargod
yeah ive got a cab with the G12T's in it, good speakers.
They've alot more low end compared to the V30's in my opinion!
The other guitarist in my band has the 1960AV so ive a pretty good point of view, the 75's sound very good with my cranked peavey running through them.

nice, hows the valveking for metal and low stuff?
Quote by Doodleface
your a smart cookie, I'll say G12Ts, they're ment for scooped mids and high gain type stuff.

No. I like V30s are better for metal. I don't like them as much for cleans, but since you're playing metal that isn't as much of a problem, and the tighter bass they have as well as the more pronounced mids make for a great metal tone that'll cut through the mix and have a pretty tight metal sound.

P.S. Scooped mids on metal sound like crap
It really surprised me! I thought i'd have to leave the tubescreamer on alot to get a decent tone, but even at two (which is nearly too loud at band practice) it sounds very nice, lots of low end and gain. I cranked it to 6 last week and it sounded better than a DSL cranked i thought! My VK with the 1960A is even heavier than the other guitarists ENGL Fireball & 1960AV i think!
Well worth the money man! cleans are very nice too, alot better than the 5150 or 6505 i've heard! Master reverb is a pain sometimes though,oh well! Next amp up will prob be a 5150 or a 6505, how'd you find yours for metal?
My Gear:
Jackson RR3 + Bill Lawrence L500XL

Sennheiser EW500 Wireless
T-bone EWS wireless
IbanezTS9
MXR 6Band EQ
Ibanez WD7
Decimator

Peavey VK100
Epiphone ValveJunior
Kustom Quad100DFX 2x12
MicroCube!
Marshall 1960A 4 x 12
Quote by ianguitargod
It really surprised me! I thought i'd have to leave the tubescreamer on alot to get a decent tone, but even at two (which is nearly too loud at band practice) it sounds very nice, lots of low end and gain. I cranked it to 6 last week and it sounded better than a DSL cranked i thought! My VK with the 1960A is even heavier than the other guitarists ENGL Fireball & 1960AV i think!
Well worth the money man! cleans are very nice too, alot better than the 5150 or 6505 i've heard! Master reverb is a pain sometimes though,oh well! Next amp up will prob be a 5150 or a 6505, how'd you find yours for metal?

the 6505 you mean? i haven't bought it yet, need about 100 more for the full half stack. everyone i know in metal bands has it and love them. i looked at the valveking but everyone i talked to said it wouldn't get that good chunk that the 6505 can get.
^my goodness man why do you even want a fullstack 6505! the halfstack i played was shaking the walls, you could feel the bass in your chest!

oh and check out the 6505+ too even for the metalcore i tend to play that beast has more gain then i can justify using
Quote by mrmarc772
^my goodness man why do you even want a fullstack 6505! the halfstack i played was shaking the walls, you could feel the bass in your chest!

oh and check out the 6505+ too even for the metalcore i tend to play that beast has more gain then i can justify using

wrong word choice. i meant i am still saving and getting everything at once. everything being a 6505 head and a avatar 4x12 cab that i'm still not sure what speakers to put in.
Quote by ianguitargod

lol phull of phail
Quote by ianguitargod
My VK with the 1960A is even heavier than the other guitarists ENGL Fireball & 1960AV i think!
Really??? But, the Engl Fireball, I would've expected to have gain up the ass (its preamp stage is similar to my Engl E530's preamp), while the VK100 head, which I spent a brief amount of time with yesterday at Guitar Center, didn't compare to the amount of gain I get out my Engl (I've only heard the Vk100 out of a Peavey 4x12, however). I would say the VK100, although nice, had only about two-thirds the gain of my Engl preamp.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

You'd be right. VK rapes all other amps at its price range, but you can't expect it to compete with the likes of ENGL and Mesa Boogie.
249 views wow. great title . i'd go with the V30
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune