So ive picked out 2 pick ups, a dimarzio evolution in the bridge and an dimarzio air norton in the neck. i used the pickup finder on their site, and i liked the sound of the 2 and what i read about them seemed to fit my style. So would these to pickups make a good combo on a guitar?
What's your style?

What's your amp?

What's your guitar?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
my style is most styles of metal

Amp is spider III 150 watt

Guitar is my old ibanez GSZ120
if you're playing gigs, i'd say get a new amp - something that sounds a little better, then buy a new guitar. your pickups are going to change your tone slightly, but not a whole ton. if you're really looking for a tonal change, i'd say save up and upgrade your amp and guitar instead.

oh, i should add, EVOs are AWESOME.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Last edited by DougC84 at Oct 31, 2007,
Yes. That's an excellent combination. Also consider a X2N in the place of the Evolution. For strictly metal, you really can't do better. In my opinion, that is.

Changing your pickups can make a decent guitar through a semi-decent amp sound pretty good. But, you'll want to get a new amp eventually..new pickups go only so far. You'll definitely notice the tonal difference after playing a single note, though. DiMarzios are the shiz.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
I'd suggest getting a new amp first.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^+100. Pickups won't do that much for your tone with that amp, and I'd seriously question the advisability of putting $140 of pickups in a $180 guitar.