I was wondering what the difference is between the 2 guitars. Both have most of the same features but the custom is $300 more.

And is there like a NON-synyster version of this guitar cause i feel like i'd be copying too much and i wanna be more original than that .

Or are there any other schecters reccomened for around 500-600 dollars? I was thinking either the hellraiser or c-1 elite maybe. Idk any ideas?

EDIT:

Here are the 2 synyster guitars
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Synyster-Standard-Electric-Guitar-518486-i1169286.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Synyster-Custom-Electric-Guitar-103945705-i1169285.gc
Last edited by MrCool0760 at Oct 31, 2007,
you put the same link twice man. the custom has a set neck, got some different pickups, and both the body and neck are mahogany. the standard has a bolt-on maple neck, mahogany makes deeper sound and if you like A7X then that's probably better.
A non-Synyster Gates model? Ah, it's HIS custom signature. So...no. You can get a C-1FR, which will be essentially the same thing—it just has a the classic body shape of the C-1.

The custom has better pickups and a MUCH better floydrose than the standard. It's worth the +$300, in my opinion.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
ChurchNSkate is actually wrong, there is a hellraiser avenger, which is pretty sweet. if you like emg's thats the one i would go with, and the c-1 hellraiser is about the same. i got a schecter, and i play the occasional gibson and fender, and i gotta say the schecter has them beat, especially for the price. the only thing you might want to think about is getting new volume and tone pots, and have the wiring redone. i had it done for like $40 and its absolutely amazing now, it helped the tone a lot.
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
ya the hellraiser and c-1 bothed looked pretty good to me although i havent really played on any schecters too much (that will change next time i go to guitar center )

Id kinda rather one of those then the syn custom because like i said how i dont really wanna have a guitar with SOMEONE ELSES name on it.
The Hellraiser Avenger that was mentioned doesn't come with a floyd rose option, but u can find used Avengers and the 7-string Revengers with floyds.
Your best option to get all the features of his guitar without actually playing his guitar is a Hellraiser C-1 FR
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I have the c-1 classic, it's a great guitar, a sweet looking fretboard as well. Get that one.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Say Ocean
Standard, you will regret the synyster gates version when you outgrow the a7x phase when you hit puberty.

Lol ya im trying to say that i really DONT want syn's logo on the guitar. Plus i dont get that im older than you...
really don't buy a signature guitar. you'll look dumb. you won't be any original and i'll be stuck with "someone' guitar". just get a c-1 or something.

you can get an avenger if you like the guitar body
Quote by MrCool0760
Lol ya im trying to say that i really DONT want syn's logo on the guitar. Plus i dont get that im older than you...

^ownage
Gear:
Schecter Synyster Custom
Schecter C-1 Elite
Crate GFX65
Korg Toneworks AX1500G pedal board
Morley Wah pedal
1) Find a C-1 Used.
2) ????
3) Profit

And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
Quote by Syn Harvest
Your best option to get all the features of his guitar without actually playing his guitar is a Hellraiser C-1 FR

Right on.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Marshall JCM200 TSL100 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
dude have you guys heard of a REVENGER. you can get REVENGER floyd rose too. its the actual shape that syn wanted. He did an interview with Guitar World and he said something about it being a Revenger Body, with some chaos or some **** head. but with thru neck and invaders. but the Revengers are really good. and don't get a floyd rose unless you're really gonna use it