i found a '61 reissue strat on craigslist. Im really pumped to buy it except for the fact that i cant find anything on it. other than one vague site online, its practically doesnt even exist. does anyone have any experience with it?

http://www.ggjaguar.com/strat61.htm

theres the only site i could find.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
anyone?
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Is the one on craigslist also a custom shop? Otherwise I have never heard of them reissuing a line of '61s.

Do a whole lot of research and make sure it's not a fake, serial number, hardware, neck plate, etc...

if possible try to get a look at the heel of the neck off the body.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Yeah, the big vintage Strat reissues were the '57 and the '62. Haven't heard of a '61.
Hi, I'm Peter
Yeah, well hes selling it for 300...so im guessing either he got it confused with a mexi strat or its not really a 61 cause theres no way hes selling a custom strat for 300...unless of course he is...which would be awesome...but i doubt it.
Well the early strats had a less rich sunburst so that could explain the unusual look. However, 300 for a custom shop does seem a bit too good to be true. As said above get hold of the serial number.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER