Hi. I have a problem with my Ibanez S470 It has the KFK emg pickups installed and the newer style floyd.

The problem I have is that it won't do harmonics well AT ALL. I can do it fine through my amp setup with other peoples guitars but mine refuses. The inotation is dead on and it's set up well. I love the way this guitar plays (for leads), but this is annoying.

Any suggestions?
I got an RG2EX2 with EMG two emg designed humbuckers, the harmonics on it suck wide open ASS.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by astrovan
Hi. I have a problem with my Ibanez S470 It has the KFK emg pickups installed and the newer style floyd.

The problem I have is that it won't do harmonics well AT ALL. I can do it fine through my amp setup with other peoples guitars but mine refuses. The inotation is dead on and it's set up well. I love the way this guitar plays (for leads), but this is annoying.

Any suggestions?

I used to tell myself the same thing, "Dang this guitar sucks at harmonics!"

Trust me, it's not the guitar. :P
My friend as an S470 with stock pups. Never had any problems with harmonics on that one. Are you using the bridge pickup, and have you tried turning up the treble?
Probably just a very defined sweet spot you gotta use, mines very similar, a few mm either way and they suck
No guitar will ever, ever have problems with harmonics. Its all physics, as long as a string can vibrate harmonic nodes can be hit. If you cant hit the harmonic at all its all down to technique.
If the harmonic is being produced and it not sounding properly you will need to look at pickups and your amp. Pickups are a help but the amp as always is the important part and should be looked at first.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
More treble.

Bridge pickup.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
New strings, check your technique, use bridge pickup, if your really desperate get a Wah pedal and leave it in the open position for harmonics. And check your pickup height, EMGs can be very close to the string and not affect the strings with magnetic pull.
Some guitars are easier to get harmonics on, I don't know if it's true but I think so. Just practice them, they will probably come.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
make sure you don't have all your mids down, so it will sustain more, and make sure your on bridge pick-up