hey. me and the band i play in are pretty new and we gt sum original stuff workin bt what we really want rite nw are sum great cover songs we could play together to get us on the road for a few gigs in local pubs and cafes or sumthin like that.

i was wonderin if any1 had any good ideas for sum good cover songs to play??? nothin to hardcore as it would kill and overpower most of the pubs as they aint tht big. bt stuff along the lines of pub rock and stuff tht would go down well.

if any1s gt any opinions much appreciated. prefferably songs with 2 guitars in them
cheers
Paradise City

Always a crowd Pleaser
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
yeah, paradise city, money from pink floyd is good, but u might have to cut out that sax solo (though that would be blasphemy) something from acdc, voodoo child, a 12 bar blues (red house, texas flood)
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
question, why would you rather play covers to get you on the road rather than original stuff?
my suggestion is you play holy grail by hunters and collectors.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
Dude, just arrange the sax solo for the 2nd guitar. Shouldn't be TOO much a blasphemy then.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
Knockin' On Heavens Door! It's really easy to play, is a crowd pleaser, and you can jam with whatever you want throughout the song as long as you stick to the chord progression!
depending on where you're playing, we like to play these and have been successful with them to work the crowd before playing original comps:

Pink Houses
Fire On The Mountain
Long Haired Country Boy
Folsom Prison Blues

These are songs you'll find most people in audiences know a verse or two.

Pink Houses - patriotic
Fire On The Mountain - southern rock/country
Long Haired Country Boy - southern rock/outlaw/country
Folsom Prison Blues - well, Johnny is in a class all his own, RIP Mr. Cash
Last edited by alimark12 at Nov 1, 2007,
kamp songs from the 70s n 80s is the way to go

flock of seagulls, the knack, vapors, soft cell!
Fucking hostile.
-Gear-
Crappy Starter Ashton Guitar
Ashton Ga100212
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
ESP/LTD Viper-50

Quote by cool#9
you my friend, have reached a new level of awsomeness

Quote by sebastian_96

good work The_Shredder

Look at me. Mr.Praises in sig
hey man. yeah ur probebly rite with the origanals instead of covers bt we kinda wanna start by playin stuff people can get familiar with first then throw in a original after a few songs just while we're startn out ae. cheers for ur advice
Quote by theweiz
hey. me and the band i play in are pretty new and we gt sum original stuff workin bt what we really want rite nw are sum great cover songs we could play together to get us on the road for a few gigs in local pubs and cafes or sumthin like that.

i was wonderin if any1 had any good ideas for sum good cover songs to play??? nothin to hardcore as it would kill and overpower most of the pubs as they aint tht big. bt stuff along the lines of pub rock and stuff tht would go down well.

if any1s gt any opinions much appreciated. prefferably songs with 2 guitars in them
cheers

...huh?
<Han> I love Hitler
Fermented Offal Discharge - Necrophagist
Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence - Dream Theater
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
To Live is To Die - Metallica
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Know Your Enemy by Rage would rule intensely

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Leper Affinity.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
You're right. Playing covers first and getting into gigging early before you write any original tunes is the way to go.
It builds up a good hardcore following which will eventualy listen to your original stuff down the line more intently and there ain't nothing like gigging to tighten a band up. The majority of bands that have made it big started out like that.
I suggest taking some classic rock 'n' roll songs like maybe Long Tall Sally or Great Balls of Fire or Roll Over Beethoven and really rev them up.
doesnt it depend on who your influences are? I mean why would you play something like Pantera if you liked bands like snow patrol and bloc party? Make up your own mind or write some songs.