Does anyone know some good artists or songs to learn slide on?
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi
Do it once, it's a mistake.

Keep doing it, it's Jazz.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
i was going to try to learn slide, but they dont make slides big enough for my fingers
Anyone?
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi

Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
bad obsession-GNR?
Robert Johnson's "Traveling Riverside Blues"
Quote by Moggan13
*Kicks down door*
WHO SAID RAMBO 3!!???
Last edited by Sh*tPump at Nov 1, 2007,
Death Letter by Son House is pretty easy, or you can play The White Stripes' version of the song. Also In My Time of Dying by Led Zeppelin isnt so bad. Just make sure you're producing the proper notes with the slide, as sloppy slide playing can sound pretty terrible.
Thanks guys
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi

Quote by SlinkyBlue
Anything by George Thorougood or Bonnie Raitt.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
play any song that you are comfortable playing and then add your own slides in. i love playing back in black so that is the song that i started doing this on. messing around with songs adds your own sound to the song and it doesnt seem like you are copying the original artist quite as much
they call og or nothing at all!!
try "scar tissue" by red hot chilli peppers

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes should be a nice and easy way to start slide guitar.
Welcome to BUCKETHEADLAND

Last edited by Colonel Sanders : Yesterday at 10:54 PM.
Zeptallica, your guitar is sexy.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by Giant Tool
try "scar tissue" by red hot chilli peppers

the solo for "soul to squeeze" as well
Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.
thanks philipp122 just focusing on getting a amp for it!
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi

Quote by SlinkyBlue
Basically anything you want to play slide on will work, whether it originally has slide or not. I use slide on a lot of things that didn't originally have a slide part, sometimes it works, sometimes it bombs...oh well...

i was going to try to learn slide, but they dont make slides big enough for my fingers

Look around at antique stores and resale shops, find a small bottle that fits. I have an old Alka Seltzer bottle probably 50 years old that works great but is too big for my fingers. I can use it, but it's too hard to control. I've found 8 or 10 others that work well, some sound better than others, I'm still collecting them looking for the one that sounds best. Usually I get them for $1, sometimes less. Yard sales turn up a bottle now and then, and if you let friends and relatives know you're looking, some friend's grandma might have an old bottle lying around she'll give you, you never know. KNow someone who is a machinist? Sometimes they can make one out of brass, that's what I did when I was a machinist. Found some old brass stock useless for anything else, stayed over after work one day for 15 minutes (with the boss' permission to do this) and I have a spare brass bar if I ever lose my old favorite.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...