HI!

ok here's the deal, for the moment my brother is studying in USA and since music gear is so much cheaper in USA than in Sweden i figured he can buy me som stuff since he's coming home for christmas. So what i want is a distortion pedal and a wah pedal.

my gear is Fender mexico fat strat and a Vox AD50VT and i love the cleans and low/medium gain sounds but i am having trouble getting a decent high gain sound (which i knew i would be hard when i bought the vox). But now i want something for more hardrock/metal stuff too. and a wah just for the fun of it

so i was thinking about these:

Metal Muff with Top Boost

and

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal

is that something i would be happy with?

please come with suggestions the budget is max 200$

edit: i also thought this seems pretty cool Crybaby Slash Wah Pedal is it any good?
to use wah with distortion you MUST buy the 535Q. otherwise you'll be frustrated

the metal muff it's good
Quote by Tweak88
to use wah with distortion you MUST buy the 535Q. otherwise you'll be frustrated

yea. when i tried it (i didn't play it for very long though, so i might be wrong) the crybaby classic was good on cleans, but sounded bad when i added distortion. i've also played the 535q too but that was on a ****ty frontman 15, and it wasn't much better but probably would be better if played thru ur amp. also, the dime wah is supposed to be good at handling gain, but will be a bit more expensive.

Edit: if u bought the slash pedal u wouldn't have enough money for a distortion pedal
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by musicfreak003

Edit: if u bought the slash pedal u wouldn't have enough money for a distortion pedal

yeah i know, but then i might ask my parents for some extra money or a loan
so i just dalk to my dad and he's willin' to help me with the extra money for a "slash wah" instead of the "535Q".

so my question is: is it worth the extra money and what will i gain/lose if i buy the slash instead of the 535Q?

wich one handles gain best?
wich will work best with metal muff?

and from what i understand the "slash wah" got an built-in gain, is that correct? and if so is it any good?
I use the Dime Crybaby from hell - which is like the 535Q but it has a volume boost function; I would reccomend using AMP DISTORTION cos wah works better with it and pedal distortion never sounds as decent as good amp distortion.

I've tried the Slash wah and I thought it was quite bad (not as in good), ther gain was nasty.

MVL.
I got the Slash wah and I love it... The wah sound is just tasty. The distortion doesnt sound good, but thats not what I bought it for. (It may aslo just be my amp) I roll back the gain and turn up the volume and I get a little volume boost with the wah

If you dont mind that it is 18v then I recommend it.
the cry baby from hell seems really sweet... and it's bit cheaper (than the slash)

so the difference beetween the Dime and 535Q si the volume boost? might be nice
Last edited by space_ace__ at Nov 2, 2007,