Page 1 of 2
It's banned here.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Well in the US they allowed it to have an M rating because the executions have this weird static red filter on them. There's a code in the game you can remove though that takes away that filter. So you can pretty much play it unedited.
Banned over here, only because the first one got so much media attention from that whole murder thing. Natch, the media blamed it on the game, looking for a quick scape-goat. The whole thing was a little bit stupid, in my opinion.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
You guys who said it was banned better not be from Aus. I wanna play it!
It's in public interest to ban such a game. It is violent and obviously everyone who has ever played it will turn into a mass murderer; this may not happen in their current lifetime, but it could in someone else's, or after reincarnation, therefore justifying censorship.

Manhunt isn't my sort of game, but I fail to see the logic behind censorship when all it takes is the enforcement of the age restrictions on the boxes. In the summer my brother wanted a game in GAME, but he was refused at the counter. He made it evident that he was asking me to buy it for him, so they let me buy it anyway. It is the fault of irresponsible people like me that we have mad children with chainsaws running around town
Well the problem with an AO rating is that even though they have one, only PC games can be sold with AO ratings.

Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft do not allow AO games on any of their consoles. That is why Rockstar then in fact had to censor the game to get their M rating. I do think however that if that is the case, why is there an AO rating in the first place? It essentially means banning the game from all the major consoles. They should make games like Manhunt the standard for Mature and start rating games like Halo, Teen.

I do think Rockstar was really trying to push the envelope with this one. Its just so crazy.
The first one was a really bad game, the only thing that made it sell was the violence.
Last edited by kidsilcon at Nov 1, 2007,
i don't understand how this was deemed AO and the original not (imo easily an AO title)
I would but its banned in the UK... thing is having games like this allow people to let off "steam" and stop them actually killing people.
I'm in the UK and I downloaded it. Our government will never learn. People are gonna sell this game for loads and loads of moneys.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by bine
I would but its banned in the UK... thing is having games like this allow people to let off "steam" and stop them actually killing people.

Bollocks. That wouldnt stop any twisted serial killer...

Its for gorehounds. I dont mind it though, i get annoyed sometimes with shooters that when after you shoot a soldier or something, theres no bullet wounds on the corpse, or if they get blown up by a grenade, theres no slight dismeberment. They look brand new! Thats the only realism i ask for. I find it more satisfyling, seing the slight puff of blood and a pretyy decent ragdoll death animation.

manhunt though.. i mean seriously, i have no intentions of chainsawing someones peeper. Even in a game. Painitng the wall with massive amounts of blood. It gets ull
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Who'd want to? It's goes beyond violent. In fact, if you get pleasure from playing it, you might be a little weird. You've definitely been desensitised to violence. Besides, I'm pretty sure it's been banned in this country.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Deliriumbassist
A friend of mine works for Rockstar UK as a games tester, and he said that it's stupidly gory and crap.

And yes, the wiimote could have been used to saw people's heads off. I don't know if that's a feature anymore.

A friend of a friend who works for Rockstar said everyone that had to work on it besides the team who came up with it really hated the game and didn't want to make it because of how needlessly gory it was.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
A friend of a friend who works for Rockstar said everyone that had to work on it besides the team who came up with it really hated the game and didn't want to make it because of how needlessly gory it was.

You know that our friends could lose their jobs for telling us about all that? lol
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You know that our friends could lose their jobs for telling us about all that? lol

I'm sure it'll be fine, Rockstar aren't exactly super-spies...

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I work for Rockstar, and I'm firing your friends. What are their names, by the way?

And I wanna play this game. Weirdness aside, I thought the first game was AWESOME.
I downloaded it but im stuck on sexual deviants chapter it's nothing amazing and I haven't seen anything to bad so far but then again i've pretty much desensitized to all non real violence
Quote by drunkinkoala
I downloaded it but im stuck on sexual deviants chapter it's nothing amazing and I haven't seen anything to bad so far but then again i've pretty much desensitized to all non real violence

I just got to that stage when I read this.
i played the first one, ...it was kinda kool, then it kinda sucked. the first one gets a 5/10 IMO
idk about the 2nd one
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Haven't played it yet, but I want to.

Videogame violence FTW
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
It's actually quite fun.
I was playing it at my friend's place last night for a few hours.
It's crap IF you don't have the uncut version.
Makes it soooo much better when it's uncut.
Without the gore, and violence, It's a pretty crappy game.
But it's not bad all up, pretty fun if you wanna waste a few hours.

~Loki <3
~ Please Crit One Of My Songs? ~
~_My_Song_Threads_~

Quote by IndieLee
The_Bass_Poet, I want your babies.
Quote by Vantage
I'm almost finished on that stage, until it froze for some reason.

lucky i got the axe and i'm trying to chop off someones head but it's not working

yeah after re-reading that i realized it's a little violent
It's actually quite fun.
I was playing it at my friend's place last night for a few hours.
It's crap IF you don't have the uncut version.
Makes it soooo much better when it's uncut.
Without the gore, and violence, It's a pretty crappy game.
But it's not bad all up, pretty fun if you wanna waste a few hours.

~Loki <3

I got the M rating. >_<

Quote by drunkinkoala
lucky i got the axe and i'm trying to chop off someones head but it's not working

yeah after re-reading that i realized it's a little violent

You have to stand close to the corpse's head and then chop it off from there.
I heard that it got an Adults Only rating until they edited some things out. One of the things they edited out was a castration scene. That is so disgusting. I mean who the hell thought of that? That is just too much too put into a game. I told one of my friends that and he said, "Awesome. That would be cool." WTF?
Quote by Kankuro
It looked kind of lame. :\

this is why we fam kank
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by Vantage
You have to stand close to the corpse's head and then chop it off from there.

I just did an execution
Quote by Bruce Got Dro
Well in the US they allowed it to have an M rating because the executions have this weird static red filter on them. There's a code in the game you can remove though that takes away that filter. So you can pretty much play it unedited.

don't you have to get one of those data programing softwares (or something)
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
Quote by Metallica rulz
Whats the point of banning this game when we have to watch **** like Hostel and Saw.

Because some parents can't take the responsibility of raising their kids right so they have to find forms of entertainment to blame for all the bad things their kids do.
Page 1 of 2