tonight it's

Gibson SG Menace Electric Guitar Flat Black (£550)

Vs

Washburn WI200 Pro-E Electric Guitar With EMG Pickups (£340)

would really appreciate the feedback!

PS. Has anyone played/ listened to the Gibson's cleaner tones? i have listened to the distorted and they sound like heaven.
the gibson has amazing clean tone too.

haha i used to own it.
/_/_/ GEAR \_\_\

Epi Les Paul Classic Quilt Top
Ibanez RG320EX

Marshall 100HDFX
Peavey 4X12 Cab

Quote by Next Hendrix
You know you're a guitar player when your girlfriend says she got a new g-string and you ask " Is it nickel-wound or bronze phosphorous?"
Wityh the Gibson, you've got a good quality overall, whereas that Washburn you've got entry-level stuff pretty much everywhere else - y'know the tale, Agathis wood, cheap wiring, the rosewood looks like somebody just sprayed a bunch of MDF wine red, made in Indonesia or China with a computer that can't have seen the 90's powering the factory.
Gibsons ain't known for their clean tones, but it'll be a darn side better than the Washburns. And in either case, the ones out of my SG special are pretty nice, when I can use a proper amp they really shine.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Don't buy guitars that are listed as having a "solid body" instead of what kind of wood they are .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Don_Humpador
This is the most blatant Vs thread ever.

You can have a Vs. thread if the guy is actually deciding between the 2 guitars.

It's the "Fender vs. Gibson" threads that are the ones that get closed .
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
You can have a Vs. thread if the guy is actually deciding between the 2 guitars.

It's the "Fender vs. Gibson" threads that are the ones that get closed .

Arr.

It shouldn't be like that, IMO.
Well this thread is actually helping somebody.

"Gibson vs. Fender" threads are just fanboy circle jerks.
Quote by utsapp89
Of course. But this could, theoretically, turn into a Gibson/Washburn fanboy asylum. Then the Epiphone lads will come along and tell TS not to get a low end Gibson, then the Tele users will scream, get a standard Tele, then a herd(?) of horses will come into the thread, then there'll be somebody who'll post on of those weird internet cat images with bad spelling in it.

It'll be chaos
Quote by Don_Humpador
Of course. But this could, theoretically, turn into a Gibson/Washburn fanboy asylum. Then the Epiphone lads will come along and tell TS not to get a low end Gibson, then the Tele users will scream, get a standard Tele, then a herd(?) of horses will come into the thread, then there'll be somebody who'll post on of those weird internet cat images with bad spelling in it.

It'll be chaos

Quote by utsapp89
get a washburn wi65pro instead of the 200. cheaper too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Korzack
Wityh the Gibson, you've got a good quality overall, whereas that Washburn you've got entry-level stuff pretty much everywhere else - y'know the tale, Agathis wood, cheap wiring, the rosewood looks like somebody just sprayed a bunch of MDF wine red, made in Indonesia or China with a computer that can't have seen the 90's powering the factory.
Gibsons ain't known for their clean tones, but it'll be a darn side better than the Washburns. And in either case, the ones out of my SG special are pretty nice, when I can use a proper amp they really shine.

The lower-end (if that is the right word in this case) Washburns are pretty damn good and have been getting some great reviews.

Lower end Gibsons on the other hand are a good example of how the Gibson name, or it's American birthplace, don't go hand in hand with quality.

The quality control on these cheaper Gibsons, like this one or the Faded series for instance, is sub-standard.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!