Page 1 of 2
Bernard’s Watch was a English children’s television program that had quite possible the best concept to a program ever. For those of you who don’t know this television program - this is Bernard and his watch:
This magical watch watch allowed him to pause and resume time. Which I don't think he used to it's full potentional.

The Simpsons has also had a 'Treehouse of Horror' episode that featured Bernard's Watch called "Stop the World, I Wanna Goof Off", but Twentieth Century Fox has removed it from Youtube.

Does anyone remember this program? And what would you do if you had Bernard's Watch?
Last edited by kidsilcon at Nov 1, 2007,
Quote by JackalUK
Like everyone else, I'd rob and perv

Why would you steal, you have a watch that stops time, possesions are worthless.
YES I loved this show. Bernard did not use his watch to the full potential, he had many oppertunities that he did not exercise, he could have stolen stuff, passed tests easy, rape the living without their knowledge. The list is endless.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
O.O I remember Bernard's Watch! That was some epic stuff.

I used to come home from a hard day of primary school to watch his awesome adventures...

=D You have actually made me smile, thankyou.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Haha can't remember him
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by JackalUK
Like everyone else, I'd rob and perv

I'd rob and grope.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by kidsilcon
Why would you steal, you have a watch that stops time, possesions are worthless.

For use when time isn't frozen...
I always worried that time would magically unfreeze while he was doing something wierd.
that was my favourite program as a kid!!! oh my god!!!! i want that watch...
Quote by rich_sg
Oh come on Emz, the thread is who's your favorite UG'er, not MOST FAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

Elecktra Of The UG Hero's And Villian's Club Pm josh999x To Join

The proud owner of [x]Huffy[x]

Quote by Heafyman
You Jackass_babe are cool.
That kid is definitely English.

If I could stop time, I'd simply stop it and never allow it to resume. That way, I wouldn't have to put up with you miscreants and your ignorant shenanigans.

And so I could look up ladies skirts.
The possibilities are endless...
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Burpin'Worm
I used to watch it. Wasn't there some weird bloke who'd pop up reminding him not to misuse it, or am I imagining that?

Yeah, the postman who i suspect is probably a paedophile.
^^ i used to think that...maybe he was just really happy to see Bernard? :p
Quote by rich_sg
Oh come on Emz, the thread is who's your favorite UG'er, not MOST FAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

Quote by Heafyman
Bernards watch was **** compared to the Queens Nose ( i dont know if anyone will remember that.) or the Trap Door, i still have a trap door poster up on my wall and im getting them all on dvd in a few days
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
Quote by robertreilly666
Bernards watch was **** compared to the Queens Nose ( i dont know if anyone will remember that.) or the Trap Door, i still have a trap door poster up on my wall and im getting them all on dvd in a few days

i remember the queens nose, wasn't it that you rub the 50p coin and you can make a wish?
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by Heafyman
Quote by robertreilly666

Queens nose was a pretty bad program and all it was was basically a magic lantern. Aquilla was good; the one where some kids found a red spaceship and drove it places and stuff. But Bernard's Watch was by far the best.
Quote by jackass_babe
i remember the queens nose, wasn't it that you rub the 50p coin and you can make a wish?

yeah yeah!

lol

i loved that show when i was little. any program which pushes the magical abilitys of a non elected tax money sponging bastards nose are good in my book.

also, to the above, Blasphemy, the queens nose was brilliant and i shall hear no more of your lies.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
Quote by robertreilly666

queen's nose was ace. as was the demon headmaster!

i don't remember bernard's watch...sounds a bit like click, but with a watch rather than a remote, lol.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse

i don't remember bernard's watch...sounds a bit like click, but with a watch rather than a remote, lol.

Didn't you watch anything besides the BBC? and Bernard's Watch is better than the remote on click because it didn't waste 16 years of his life.
Last edited by kidsilcon at Nov 1, 2007,
Bernard's watch was a good concept but it was on CiTV, therefore rendering it crap.
I used to watch the Queen's nose quit a lot when I was a kid, but that also became crap when the girl's cousin (or whatever she was) had the 50p instead.
But Aquila was by far the best kid's TV program at the time In my opinion. Mainly because I wanted that damn space ship thing.
Quote by esther_mouse

More or less.

Except Bernard's Watch wasn't shit
Nothing beats Maid Marion, until she cut her hair and became rubbish.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
anyone remember that show on Citv, "the good little witch" or something like that, can't remember for love nor money what it's called...
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by Heafyman
I remember watching it. The last episode Bernard went to America and he had to give his watch away but he got a new one.

^ The worst witch?
Bernards watch was absolute ****win.

The possibilities of that thing are so great, it's not even funny.

I remember this episode his house was being burgled, and he used the watch to do **** like in home alone, but with time stopping awesomeness....
Quote by str84ever
I remember watching it. The last episode Bernard went to America and he had to give his watch away but he got a new one.

^ The worst witch?

that's the one!
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by Heafyman
Quote by esther_mouse

Aah the Demon Headmaster. Scary stuff when you're just a lad.
Never heard of Bernard's Watch
Quote by Vermintide
Bernards watch was absolute ****win.

The possibilities of that thing are so great, it's not even funny.

I remember this episode his house was being burgled, and he used the watch to do **** like in home alone, but with time stopping awesomeness....

Yeah, I remember that episode, I remember him lifting binbags out the window, whether he did that or not i don't know.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Aah the Demon Headmaster. Scary stuff when you're just a lad.
Never heard of Bernard's Watch

You're ****ing kidding?!?!?

Next you'll tell me you never watched Zapp or Woof
Quote by Vermintide
You're ****ing kidding?!?!?

Next you'll tell me you never watched Zapp or Woof

And guess what episode it is; the burgler one.
Wow. The adverts at the bginning of that remind me how much CITV used to kick ass. I always wanted to go on Fun House.
No way near as good as Street Sharks. Now THAT had the best concept to a show ever.
Since you can't use the watch for any even slightly mischevious purposes, it wouldn't be incredibly fun. However, it'd still be awesome.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by SmarterChild
No way near as good as Street Sharks. Now THAT had the best concept to a show ever.

No it didn't.
I used to love Bernard's watch...simply because I wanted one.

I remember in one episode the trick to getting the "postman" to appear was revealed as "all you've got to do is want him to appear".

As an impressionable young 'un I spent days wanting him to appear, bastard never showed up to give me a magic watch...

And no, Bernard never used it to it's full potential, in fact near enough every episode was the same format, just with the odd detail changed.

Incidentally, I didn't like the Queens nose...don't know why, just didn't. Demon Headmaster was ok but completely ludicrous, he was more a deranged scientist than headteacher, they might as well have set it in 4th century Burgundy for all the difference it would have made.
Quote by Raizer Sabre
this is the biggest pile of crap i've seen since that little bit in jurassic parkwhere you see dino crap everywhere...
Page 1 of 2