Hate to start one of these threads again lol

Trying to pick a new guitar, and haven't found too much to suit.

Play a wide range, from SRV, Rory Gallagher, to Dime and Zakk style, with nothing much heavier.

Want something different to the normal too, possibly scalloped.

Budget is around 900 sterling, so 1800 US.

Got an original JCM 800 half stack, so amp isn't a problem!

All ideas welcome hehe - thanks
Last edited by mck_776 at Nov 1, 2007,
Aye, been looking at LP's, but would like something a bit different to the normal!

Thanks for noticing the mistake lol
Lp.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
get an esp
get an esp
seriously
their amazing
and if you have 1800 to spend
you'll be buying an amazin guitar
Quote by andy_thomas
Lp.

lol, exactly what i was thinking.

Unfortunately with guitars these days, there really isn't that much uniqueness. I have an LP (Vintage Mahogany) and it kicks ass, and I believe it's still under $900.

An LP will give you the grit you need to handle Zakke Wylde, but yet have a nice rich bluesy tone.

Don't sacrifice quality for uniqueness, atleast thats my advice. Check out some of the faded Gibsons like the faded SG and faded Flying V, there has to be something you like there.

Good luck with your search!
Don't worry, not planning on getting something crap just cause it looks nice, tone is the main thing.

Haven't heard good things about the faded series - only would buy standards, and new LP's are all chambered, so ****e tone
if you have 1800 to burn, which is a lot more than some of us , i would say look at Halgstrom's site. they're a swedish guitar with most i've seen are equiped with humbuckers.
so you can get that deep sound without the look of a more traditional les paul. also, Maton makes some cool guitars. QOTSA use em', but you could probably still get the tone you're looking for with one on the account fo the kind of amp you have. google both of these and you may find somethign a little different from normal...
Dean Cadillac? You could mod the hell out of it with that much money. It's pretty much a Les Paul mixed with the Dean ML.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Schecter
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Scheters are exceptionally hard to get over here, and don't want to have to do anything more to a new guitar other than maybe a pickup change.

Was considering an American strat and getting it scalloped and a pickup change to stacked humbuckers? Any thoughts?
If you want a scalloped Strat try the Yngwie Strat.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
Forgot to mention, don't want a signature series guitar!

Even though the strat would pretty much turn into an Yngwie sig lol
Well now you're just splitting hairs haha. Hmm. Have you considered doing a custom guitar from Warmoth?
Quote by Altered_Carbon
Yeah, but wouldn't be sure i could get it built nicely lol
Last edited by mck_776 at Nov 1, 2007,
From what I've seen in their gallery, they look very well crafted. You could always contact Warmoth with any questions.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
I didn't know Warmoth built them up - i thought they just supplied parts for you to build up yourself. Will have another look, although they only offer bolt on as far as i know.
Yeah they are all bolt-on, but then again so are all Fender Strats.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
i'd either get a custom (you could probably just scrape a legra superstrat for that, though you said you didn't like superstrats...), or else 2 edwards... that way you could get a strat for srv, and something more aimed at heavier tones (LP? SG? something like that).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like Dave's idea. A custom guitar (Maybe a loaded Carvin or something?), or two really good $800 guitars or something.

You could probably find a nice USA Strat for SRV, and an ESP LTD EC-1000 for $800. Perfect.
^ nah, you'd struggle to get those for the same price in £ in the UK... we get gipped on LTD and USA stuff, unfortunately... EDIT: but otherwise,
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea even tho the pound is double the value of the dollar, everythings more expensive in the UK, guitars especially so
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube