Last time I asked which other amp I should buy almost all the responses were to keep my VK. The thing is I don't really want to get a whole new speaker and get it re-tubed just to find out that it still doesn't work for me. To me it's really mid-rangey and lacks the amount of bass I want (on mine bass is pretty much low end flub) so I figured I'd just take it back to the place I got it for another amp/guitar/pedals. I'm using a big bass amp that has a sound I really like so I won't be at a loss for an amp. The VK is awesome but it just doesn't work for me that's all.

Am I an idiot or should I just go ahead and get some new gear?
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Sell it and save up for something that really suits you. Remember to play all of your options before you buy, that way you know exactly what you're getting and you won't be disappointed.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Last edited by omarrodrigez at Nov 1, 2007,
^ +1

Exactly what I was gonna say!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by omarrodrigez
play all of your options before you buy, that was you know exactly what you're getting and you won't be disappointed.

Yeah I'll make sure to do that this time. I kinda bought it on a whim because some people recommended that amp along with some others but it was the only one I could afford.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by slatsmania
^ +1

Exactly what I was gonna say!

Me and you always tend to see eye to eye
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by omarrodrigez
Sell it and save up for something that really suits you. Remember to play all of your options before you buy, that way you know exactly what you're getting and you won't be disappointed.

Also, when you go to try out new amps or whatnot... Bring your guitar with you!

Unless you know for a fact that the store has the same guitar on the floor that you could use.

Most places I've been to have been more than happy to have me bring my own stuff to test new equipment with, and in some cases, suggested it. If they don't, I'd go shop somewhere else.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by CM_X5
To me it's really mid-rangey and lacks the amount of bass I want (on mine bass is pretty much low end flub)

The flub is caused by the speakers not being broken in. Play it for 30ish hours at high volumes and that low end will tighten up.