Today I went to check out the Ibanez 2550EX I'm gonna by off some dude. He had it for two years and I've noticed a dent here: (my own RG neck that I've marked where the dent is and how big it is)

Also, it doesn't have the j-craft stamp on it. It does say made in japan and has a serial number starting with F though.

Opinions?
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
Does the dent affect your playing?

Change the focus setting on your camera when taking an upclose shot.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Does the dent affect your playing?

Change the focus setting on your camera when taking an upclose shot.

Can't, crappy cameraphone :P

It didn't affect it at all. But those 3pc wizard necks are so thin I'm worried that a small dent like that could lead it to expand and eventually snap.

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
That dent (can't really tell though) is probably just in the binding. It won't do anything to it... hell my Charvel's neck has all sorts of marks and dings on it and I've had no issues.
Quote by CJRocker
That dent (can't really tell though) is probably just in the binding. It won't do anything to it... hell my Charvel's neck has all sorts of marks and dings on it and I've had no issues.

You must've misunderstood. Thats my neck and it has no dents. I've mark where the dent is on the guitar I want to buy.

Thanks anyway

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
Just buy it.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Just buy it.

Well, that's not a very constructive comment.

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
Quote by m3k
Well, that's not a very constructive comment.

A little dent is not going to cause the neck to crumble.
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll

A little dent is not going to cause the neck to crumble.

Ok, thanks

And how about the fact that it doesn't have the j-craft stamp on it?

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
If it doesn't affect the playing, then get the guitar, The neck won't fall apart if the dent's that small.
Quote by m3k
Ok, thanks

And how about the fact that it doesn't have the j-craft stamp on it?

What stamp are you looking for? Mine doesn't have a MIJ Sticker on it. A real MIJ serial will start with F (for the Fujigen or whatever the factor name is) though. I think a lot of older ones went without the Made in Japan stamp.

EDIT: Even though the one you're looking at is fairly new, I wouldn't split hairs over if the serial is right.
Last edited by CJRocker at Nov 1, 2007,
My RG has a 2006 model, and it has the J-Craft stamp on the back of the headstock. Maybe they didn't stamp the older models. Did he buy it new to years ago, or could it be older?

Concerning the dent in the neck, it just sounds like the binding's chipped. As others have said, it's nothing to worry about if it doesn't affect your playing.
If my memory serves, as it usually does, the Team J-Craft brand was introduced in '05. Thus, pre-05 models will not have the stamp. Wouldn't worry about the binding nick either.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
well he should throw some money of the price, im very picky and if i bought a guitar i wouldnt want a dent in mine..but then it depends how much YOU really care bout a dent?
Quote by m3k
Can't, crappy cameraphone :P

It didn't affect it at all. But those 3pc wizard necks are so thin I'm worried that a small dent like that could lead it to expand and eventually snap.

I've got the Wizard Prestige neck and it's just as thin, I think, as the neck that you want.

I've got all sorts of dents on my neck and it has yet to snap in half
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Thanks guys! And yeah, his is an '05 model. He's also selling it dirt cheap - $400 (new ones cost over 800)

Anyway, I'm gonna buy it next week and post pics

Fender DG-19 Acoustic