ok, well i bought a ticket to see enter shikari ages ago, and the actual gig is this saturday night, and originally me and my friends planned to get there by train, as its the easiest and quickest way and the venue is about an hour drive away.

however, suddenly, i have just heard that somethings happened and there will be NO TRAINS RUNNING for the whole weekend and nothing to do about that. also nobody is going who has a car, and nobodies parent wants to drive us there because they will have to wait for hours in plymouth...which isnt the most brilliant city around.

basically i dont know whether we should hold out until maybe someone offers us a lift, or we find an alternative solution, or whether we should try and sell the tickets now

anyone had problems like this before and any ideas what to do about it
(im also really gutted if i cant go as id be going with this nice girl )
Get one persons parents to drive you there
And then anothers to pick you up

Hence solves the problem you listed
Surely the train companies have provided replacement bus services or something of the like?

It'll probably take a lot longer but that'll get you there.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Get a lot of buses, then get picked up afterwards.

Although I can't understand the fuss about Enter Shikari anyway...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Well don't fret it's only Enter Shikari.

But seriously, get someones parents to drop you off, tell them that another friends parents is picking you up and just sleep in the train/bus station, or just get so pissed you end up not remembering going to bed and just take a casual bus home or something.

Works everytime with me.
well, there is a coach that goes direct, it seriously is like and hour and a half or something though, but the problem is it stops at about 9 so we cant get back

could really do with getting back in time as well, its my brothers birthday on the sunday
just go back the next day i'm telling you it'll be a right story to tell your other boring ass mates who didn't bother to get a ticket.
Quote by 3nemy
Well don't fret it's only Enter Shikari.

But seriously, get someones parents to drop you off, tell them that another friends parents is picking you up and just sleep in the train/bus station, or just get so pissed you end up not remembering going to bed and just take a casual bus home or something.

Works everytime with me.

Not such a bad plan, really. Plus, the beer overcoat will keep you warm. Just keep drinking.
Enter Shikari? There are better bands you could have been upset about.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
Enter Shikari? There are better bands you could have been upset about.

i know, musically they are alright, but bloody awesome live
take the bus there then try to get a cab back. if there are no cabs you could:

1. walk-might take a while but atleast you have a lot of time to chat up this girl youre with
2. hitch-hike-a little dangerous but you'll get a nice adrenaline rush
3. steal a car- same adrenaline rush as above, just with more doughnuts, burnouts, and hitting mailboxes
4. steal a bike- beats walking
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
um enter shikari :S :S
but i had the same problem with the motorhead and alice cooper concerts. then we ot a taxi. problem solved. so my answer is:

TAXI!
Get a bus?

Why would that be hard? :s
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Taxi.

It's a little expensive, but it will get you all the way there, and u can split the costs with ur m8.

Ok so a short list of all suggestions above and my own:
1. Bus
2. Cab/taxi
3. Walk
4. Bike
5. Grand theft auto
6. Bike theft
7. Hitch Hiking
8. Get a lift then drink yourself to sleep
9. Get a lift from one friends parents to the gig then get another friend's parents to go back from gig.
10. Fly
11. Backup services
12. Run
13. Don't go
14. Screw the chick instead
Wait around in the carpark or train station afterwards, you wont be the only people, its a 3000 capacity venue with no train services... just go to the venue carpark or multi story across the road or train station and wait till morning, its only about a 5/10 min walk. Maybe try blag a lift off someone else who is going back your way if you can find someone willing, just ask around, chip in for petrol, if I could drive and was there I probably wouldnt mind if someone asked me. Ask around on the ES forums? never used them... or even know if they have them but its worth a try :P

Been to gigs in Plymouth 4-5 times and its not too bad, easy place to wait around with a group of people, and theres usually people waiting around for an hour or two after the gigs.

or you could hold ES hostage in their own tour bus and ask for a lift home... would be a good story to tell. Might be difficult but if your friends hot, Im sure she could get past the security guards

Goodluck (Y)
Kaya Scodelario... Wow

GEAR:
Air
Purple Tortex Jazz Picks
Last edited by GenderConfusedJ at May 14, 2009,
rent a car
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by GenderConfusedJ
Wait around in the carpark or train station afterwards, you wont be the only people, its a 3000 capacity venue with no train services... just go to the venue carpark or multi story across the road or train station and wait till morning, its only about a 5/10 min walk. Maybe try blag a lift off someone else who is going back your way if you can find someone willing, just ask around, chip in for petrol, if I could drive and was there I probably wouldnt mind if someone asked me. Ask around on the ES forums? never used them... or even know if they have them but its worth a try :P

Been to gigs in Plymouth 4-5 times and its not too bad, easy place to wait around with a group of people, and theres usually people waiting around for an hour or two after the gigs.

or you could hold ES hostage in their own tour bus and ask for a lift home... would be a good story to tell. Might be difficult but if your friends hot, Im sure she could get past the security guards

Goodluck (Y)

Wow typing this out must have taken you ages.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at May 14, 2009,
Quote by GenderConfusedJ

Goodluck (Y)

The gig was two and a half years ago, you tit. Why the hell did you bump this?
Quote by entity0009
Wow typing this out must have taken you ages.

On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish