I'm thinking of buying a all-valve amp.Any suggestions?I play metal.Don't care much for a dist on it, because I already have a dist pedal I really like.My price range is $700.
My gear:
Jackson RR3 moded (EMG 81/85, OFR)
Jackson JS30 (with Duncan JB/Jazz from my RR3)
Peavey studio pro 112
MXR Double shot dist.
MXR 10 band EQ
Crybaby 535Q

Metal Rulez
Not IMO.I want something with a good cleans, but to have a good sound when I turn on my dist pedal.
My gear:
Peavey studio pro 112
MXR Double shot dist.
MXR 10 band EQ
Crybaby 535Q

Metal Rulez
If you're getting an amp and play mostly with distortion, get an amp with good distortion. Using a pedal for metal distortion won't stick for very long.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
If you're getting an amp and play mostly with distortion, get an amp with good distortion. Using a pedal for metal distortion won't stick for very long.

+1, I'd much rather have amp OD + an external OD pedal than a clean amp with distortion from a pedal.
Quote by Don_Humpador
+1, I'd much rather have amp OD + an external OD pedal than a clean amp with distortion from a pedal.

+2. Sounds you have never heard good tube distortion, pushed with a nice OD TS
OK.So, what would be a good tube amp for metal, which I could combine with my dist?
My gear:
Peavey studio pro 112
MXR Double shot dist.
MXR 10 band EQ
Crybaby 535Q

Metal Rulez
Well, I don't really know what would happen in metal terms, but whenever I use too much amp OD and a distortion pedal, things get...weird. Fuzzy, but weird.

You'd be better off with a high-ish gain amp (used JCM900 combo?) and a decent OD pedal to get it right into metal territory. If you did that, you could ditch your dist pedal.
randall rg50tc
b-52 at112 or 212
5150/6505

buying used would be good for any of those.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by CJRocker
+2. Sounds you have never heard good tube distortion, pushed with a nice OD TS

+3
the OD channel on a high gain tube amp should be more than sufficient for all kinds of metal.