ok got good lyrics got talented band members
i need a few rock chord progressions to play aroung with
also my drummer need tips on percussion parts for a soft rock
type song(i.e. lips of an angel,fall to peices) anyways thank for all the feedback in advance

also our band would like a few ideas for our name or at least a vote of these
trigger finger
skitz
and
soul assasin
soul assasin is way too dramatic if you ask me. It's cool but still. Skitz is alright and trigger finger is alright. I like the sonic hedgehogs for a band name. I think that's what my new jam band will be called (informally) when we finally get together

Song-wise what are you looking for? you might wanna give us some tips and relate it to your lyrics so you aren't just asking us to give you progressions. Try not to just use power chords though. Keep it fresh and experiment with something new.

Basically, can we have some more info on what you're asking for?
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Personally I write melodies before lyrics, cos they always fit better. Just sit with your guitar and play around with melodies and chords. One the melody is solid(ish), then just start playing around with lyrics, singing to the music.
Also try to come up with good vocal lines. Not too many writers do this and it wont happen if you write the lyrics before the melody. A good vocal line is what makes a song, *wince* catchy, and if all your lyrics just harmonise with the melody then its going to sound ultra-boring.
If you really want to make your lyrics fit the songs then use something simple. A basic chord progression will do, just, say, four chords in 4/4 time, moderate tempo. But I would really write the melodies first.
^ i disagree... best vocal melodies i have are ones i've made when singing lyrics i've already written..
thanx for the ips guys ill post a song im working on and you guys help me out okay?
its below this post
i tried so hard,
to keep you near me
i tried so hard
no why cant you see
theres a death stare here
in the confines of my mind
here i am without you
just know that i remain

UNSCATHED
by the traps you laid for me
UNSCATHED
im not the horror you thought id be
UNSCATHED
by th pain and misery
im alone and still
(I REMAIN UNSCATHED)

even when you worked
so hard to destroy the
things i did to get away from you
abuse is the enemy here
in the places im alone
here i am without you
just know that i remain

UNSCATHED
UNSCATHED
im not the horror you thought id be
UNSCATHED
from the pain and misery
im alone and still
(I REMAIN UNSCATHED)
(SOLO.... THEN THESE WORDS OVER THE END OF THE SOLO)
UNSCATHED
when you worked so hard to destroy me
UNSCATHED
UNSCATHED
THE BUILDINGS COLLAPSE
THE BOMBS EXPLODE
(AND YET I REMAIN UNSCATHED!!)
Unless your going for a metal type sound, play a 4 chord progression(1-4-5-1) or any other you can think of. Throw in 1 or 2 minor chords to make it sadder or more mellow, if thats what ur lookin for.

P.S. This is just my interpretation of the song, i looked at it as a slow, sad song.