Page 1 of 2
I was just wondering if guys (guitar players or not) are into guitar playing girls, since girls swoon over guitar playing guys.
a better question may be...do girls who play guitar swoon over guys who play guitar...
Well... it's not like ''she plays guitar? SEXY TIEM!'' but more like a nice plus, you know
Quote by Sibanez
a better question may be...do girls who play guitar swoon over guys who play guitar...

depends. It's a major plus if they are better than me though.
Ever see Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend video? It's so cute how she pretends to play guitar.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
girl + acoustic = 90% chance to be vegetarian and anti-republican || 10% chance to be a mom that got the guitar for 20 bucks at a garage sale

girl + electric = 50% chance to be a tomboy || 50% other
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I wouldn't think it would matter as much to guys, since they're always trying to impress girls with their sweet skillz. If the girl has the same skill, then the guy's efforts are futile.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
It can give an extra conversation point, as well as having something in common. However, it's not essential in a girl for me. Just like girls who do ballet HAVE to only be interested in guys who take ballet classes as well.

Quote by HuckIt
girl + acoustic = 90% chance to be vegetarian and anti-republican || 10% chance to be a mom that got the guitar for 20 bucks at a garage sale

HuckIt = 100% tool.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by StillSoundRG
Ever see Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend video? It's so cute how she pretends to play guitar.

I mean girls who can actually in all seriousness can play guitar.
Quote by rockergurl09
I was just wondering if guys (guitar players or not) are into guitar playing girls, since girls swoon over guitar playing guys.

Nobody ****ing swoons over me

Then again...I do play bass...

Quote by GiantRaven

Slap and pop some funky bass lines man...or play the country thing by Stu Hamm...Everyone loves that
Quote by GiantRaven

bass is cool!!...but I don't like the longs necks...so Ill stick to guitar.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
If a girl plays guitar, it's a definate plus, but only if she's sexually attractive to me, cuz if not, then what the **** would I want to do with her? "Talk?" I mean, if I see some homely looking girl playing acoustic/or electric guitar, it's not gonna make me want to go over and even talk music with her... cuz i'm not interested. Now if a pretty good looking girl is doing it, now it only makes it easier for me to go up to her... cuz I AM interested...

see the point?

And yeh, I'm shallow, blow me. If you don't like it, then don't flame me and just go hook up with the fat n' fugly girls if you're so Un-shallow... ????
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
Quote by StillSoundRG

Truthiness right there

I do see a chick playing guitar as a plus, one that plays will be more likely to understand the amount of time spent practicing and writing songs and not get theer panties in a bunch over it. Plus she'll understand what you're talking about when you mention pinch harmonics or active pickups.

Of course this is coming from a guy with a history of falling for guitar playing girls.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
I have seen way more attractive girls that play bass.

No one really 'swoons' over me..

Edit: Why is it you that creates these threads?
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Last edited by SavageNights at Nov 1, 2007,
if i girl plays the guitar like me, that is a HUGE turn on, unless she is exceptionally better. lol.
but then again, a nice way to spend an evening with a girl is to flirtaciously teach her a song.

another big turn on for me is a girl who is a metal-head and likes to headbang and mosh as much as i do (as long as she isnt butch and still very attractive). thats just my dream girl.
i like it, but it wont make me fall in love with the girl

but i love it when a girl plays piano, it almost gives me an erection, but in a caring, loving way
^ I've made a note of that expression, and will be using it frequently.

Quote by rockergurl09
1 - I play guitar as well as other instruments.

2 - I'm into girls who play any instrument.

3 - Girls who play guitar are cool.

4 - Girl who sing are awesome.

5 - Girls who play bass are extremely awesome.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by HuckIt

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm 'into' girls who play the guitar. It's quite nice if they're musical though.
guitar girls piss me off because

A)They never show anything
B)They don't know how to hold the ****ing thing
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by Chikitty_China

Damn, I wish my friend was here to read that.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
one of the qualities i prefer in girlz is musical talent, so yes, guitar playing is a turn on in a way. altho ive only dated choir girlz, as well as my best friend is a choir girl

hmmmmm, i sense a pattern here......
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Quote by Chikitty_China

YOU piss me off because:

A) You're an ignorant, generalising fool.
B) You touch children.

<.<

>.>
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
I wouldn't go out of my way for a guitar-playing girl, but it would be cool to be able to just make music together... Anyone remember the analogy between sex and music in that In the Van on Comeback Road serial a while back?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
I wouldn't go out of my way for a guitar-playing girl, but it would be cool to be able to just make music together... Anyone remember the analogy between sex and music in that In the Van on Comeback Road serial a while back?

TERRY FTW!!!!!!!
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
I like to have things in common with a girlie. So if she plays a musical instrument, then that's great. And mine does. >=D

Ooh, so Dooleezy has a sweetie?
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
My girlfriend plays guitar too. Shes better than me (been playing since 5!). Plays gigs at bars and ****. Seems kind of intimidating. But I know way more about music theory.
Quote by Chikitty_China

People who get pissed off make me laugh because:

A) They're often idiots.
B) They often lump entire groups of people into one category, whether they fit or not.
C) They often get pissy about others to mask their own ineptness.
D) They're so stupid, they don't realize: we don't give a rat's ass if they're pissed off.

<_<

>_>

<_<
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
My girlfriend gets a bit irritated with how much time I spend on guitar But I still love her, so nope it doesn't matter to me.
Page 1 of 2