Can anyone recommend an Acoustic pedal? One that allows you to turn it off quickly, and change between dist. and acoustic (I have a distortion pedal already). So, when the acoustic part of the song comes up, you'll be able to turn off the dist. and turn on the acoustic and vice versa. I'm connecting a guitar to Digitech DDM to amp.
well i dont get the second part, but search for the boss acoustic modeller,
or if on a budget, the behringer acoustic modeller is decent for the price. but be aware that the behringer is plastic so be very careful with it!
Quote by Guitar-God-Elf
well i dont get the second part, but search for the boss acoustic modeller,
or if on a budget, the behringer acoustic modeller is decent for the price. but be aware that the behringer is plastic so be very careful with it!

I meant that I want to be able to switch between dist. and acoustic quickly.
The Boss Acoustic Simulator has 2 outputs, one to use your pedal through a clean amp/pa, and then when you depress the pedal, the signal is sent through your electric guitar amp, with, if you want, distortion. It means that you can have completely separate settings for each sound.

Unfortunately, the pedal doesn't sound too great...
Quote by masterofpuppies
The Boss Acoustic Simulator has 2 outputs, one to use your pedal through a clean amp/pa, and then when you depress the pedal, the signal is sent through your electric guitar amp, with, if you want, distortion. It means that you can have completely separate settings for each sound.

Unfortunately, the pedal doesn't sound too great...

Its not that bad
I guess most acoustic pedals work for me, as long as they're easy to turn off/on, which gives you the ability to quickly change between acoustic and distortion. The only thing that matters is the sound. I want that sound that for example Metallica use in Master of Puppets, Nothing Else Matters etc.

And does anyone know a pedal that is a bit cheaper than the Boss AC? Like 30 $ cheaper? In Sweden the Boss AC3 cost something like 190 $ (1143 SEK*)
We do have high taxes...

*SEK=Swedish Kronor
Last edited by VikingMetalhead at Nov 5, 2007,
erm. put your amp on clean, put the distortion pedal on, when you need clean then turn the distortion off. those acoustic pedals dont sound very acoustic
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by VikingMetalhead
I want that sound that for example Metallica use in Master of Puppets, Nothing Else Matters etc.

Well that's actually not an acoustic, that's a chorus...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
erm. put your amp on clean, put the distortion pedal on, when you need clean then turn the distortion off. those acoustic pedals dont sound very acoustic

That's the problem, I want a better acoustic sound than when I have my amp on clean.
Well since you said tone is all that matters, don't get it.

Get a chorus instead, will do much better.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Yeah. If you read close to everybody stated that the acoustic pedal doesn't sound very acoustic at all.

I would recommend a chorus for that NEM tone, I would check out the Electro Harmonix Small Clone, it's 1 095 kr at Jam.

Kul att se en till Stockholmare här förresten.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
Yeah. If you read close to everybody stated that the acoustic pedal doesn't sound very acoustic at all.

I would recommend a chorus for that NEM tone, I would check out the Electro Harmonix Small Clone, it's 1 095 kr at Jam.

Kul att se en till Stockholmare här förresten.

Yeah, even though I mostly do not play songs like NEM, but I mentioned it just as an example for the kind of sound I meant.

Ja, man ser inte svenskar här så ofta...