I've been surfing around thinking about buying a new electric, and I like the Jackson styles alot, particularly the V's. Can anyone give me some insight on Jackson guitars? I've been playing for a while, but I'm not very experienced with different brands and all yet.
Thanks
Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.
Jackson/Charvel is THE maker of Super strats, and the radical Gisbon-influenced King V, Randy Rhoads V, and Kelly, along with the BCRich-like Warrior. The Jackson brand was born when Randy Rhoads designed his Concorde guitar, but Grover Jackson thought it was too radical for the Charvel name, and put his own name on it. They have a very good rep. What model King V are you looking at? In general, while the X series are built well, they use basswood and lower quality trems.
I luv some Rhodes Vs, and King Vs are pretty cool. But most of their guitars are pretty high priced.
CJ Rocker's right - avoid basswood. You want Mahogany.

Alternatively, try ESP - they're real similar to Jacksons.
JACKSON RR3 is on the way for e but i have to replace the trem (case its licensed) and the pickups (for the greatness of EMG!!!) they are really good for any extreme of metal and also soft stuff... good all round i say...!

\m/

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Quote by postmortem2006
CJ Rocker's right - avoid basswood. You want Mahogany.

Alternatively, try ESP - they're real similar to Jacksons.

Yeah ESP makes a nice V like the Jackson V. I wouldn't say Mahogany is a must though. However, the ESP/LTD quality is quite up with the Jackson X series, but they do have better hardware and pickups stock.
I hate ESPs, they feel like plastic to me. I've had my jackson RR1 for awhile now, only equipment choice I haven't ever regretted. I picked up and played it at the store, and then went home, sold all my other guitars, 2 old amps, and some pedals to afford it. Best decision i've ever made. Go try some out and see what you like.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Alright guys, thanks for all the tips--I'm going to check out some Rhoads and see what I can dig up.

The King V's arent high priced like the RR's. Look at buyin a King, and seein if you like it. Most Jacksons (or from what I've seen) are Floyed Rose, so get used to em if you decide to buy one with it!

Good luck with your search!
Quote by Fatal Instinct

It's a Jackson pro series and they're quite nice guitars, nothing compared to the USA made Jacksons but not bad for the price.

The Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz combo is what I have in my Jackson DK2M and it's reasonably versatile, I'd say the JB is above average but not amazing. The licensed floyd rose I believe is also the same as my DK2M and isn't as nice as e.g. my friend's Edge Pro but it's fine if you're not a heavy tremelo arm user - I find it's quite stiff as well but I have only used it once or twice and just remove it.

Personally I'd advise not to go any lower than this in terms of budget - the cheaper Jacksons aren't as good.
I've got these two I'm looking at now, if anyone has any comments:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-KVX10-X-King-V-Electric-Guitar-512235-i1147621.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-RR3-Rhoads-Pro-Series-Electric-Guitar-103640355-i1147609.gc

One is a Rhoads, and the other is a King V.
Thanks for all the info guys!

RR3. Better body wood (alder), higher quality trem, better pickups, nicer hardware. It is a very nice guitar, with excellent build quality. They are comfy to sit with too. Versatile pickups that can cover all genres really. The trem is nice as well. go for it man!
Quote by Tenacious D'er
JACKSON RR3 is on the way for e but i have to replace the trem (case its licensed) and the pickups (for the greatness of EMG!!!) they are really good for any extreme of metal and also soft stuff... good all round i say...!

\m/

Yeah the trem is licensed but you really don't have to shell out the 200 bucks to get it replaced. If you set it up properly it will hold tune for ages