alright soo my lowcal musique store is selling an almost brand new peavey windsor, and i play heavy to moderate death metal with a tad bit of thrash, when i do its megadeth and maiden, now i have about $680 and their selling the amp for 600 soo if i get this and a ts9 would i be able to reach high gain metalish? and its a beaut of an amp too looks very boutique thats how come i kinda like it i dont need much clean as i dont play on clean channel soo 1 channel is fine.

i know its no 5150 but as it is right now i will not be getting anymore money for a VERY long time need a new amp and was kinda looking into this and any other suggestions would be nice and i dont want a combo
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
You can get 5150s on ebay for 500-600...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i dont need infinate gain -.-
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
I would think that it would do fine, but I would suggest asking if you could bring your guitar and pedal in to test it out.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
With an OD pedal, maybe a TubeScreamer or Wylde OD, it should be good. I was thinking about getting one, but im holding out for a Windsor Studio. I dont need a Stack right now.
Quote by BlackList666

Oh, I just thought you wanted one because you referenced it .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
well it has no scratchs it was litterall used for 2 hours of play and returned cause the guy didnt like it and i have a Wylde OD soo it should do good right, n i might take my pedal and guitar
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Local music store? Can't you try it out before you buy it?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yeah it can definitely handle thrash, it has alot of gain without an OD pedal. I'm still gathering the funds to get a TS9 and it still fits the bill fine with the drive it already has. The Windsor is awesome, period.
Quote by BlackList666

You'd get a lot closer to Megadeth w/ a 5150 than a Windsor IMO. I played a Windsor for 45 min last week at Guitar Center (I was just test driving a few guitars, & I just tried the Windsor because I read about them on UG all the time). The Windsor sounded just OK to me, no real bottom end punch, & not very articulate or dynamic across the board. With a Tube Screamer, I can only imagine it'd be a mess of fizzy mud. My judgement may be a bit slanted because my main amp is an SLO, but I can't see a Windsor doing the killer Megadeth tone. Iron Maiden may be passable. I just wasn't very impressed with it for the price.
A 5150 doesn't have "infinite gain" (compared to a VHT or SLO) anyway. The 5150 would probably be a better start toward what you're looking for (in that price range).
Just my opinion. Good luck, & try as many amps as you can get your hands on.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
I can get anything from Iron Maiden to Unearth with my Windsor and my Bad Monkey, so yeah.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

There's no clean though, remember that.

I used to have one and that drove me nuts.
I am the Infantry.