I need to replace my guitars pickups because they are seriously the worst pickups I have ever played in my life. They squeel at such low levels its mind blowing. Long story short I can get a set of 2 ibanez artcore pickups from a shop for insanely cheap. Im not looking for anything amazing, but would they do the job?
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Uhhh what music do you play?

What guitar do you have?

What amp do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Ibanez Artcore pickups will be cheap because they are the stock pickups on the Artcore range, which will be average I guess.
Answer the above questions and see if we can reccomend better
They will be fine for blues/jazz/rock. Probably not the best bet for metal.
OH, I play Metal for the most part.

The guitar is a Samick Avion LP

I play through a Randall 200 watt

I really have limited funds, thats the main problem! I 'd love EMG's but I have like 30 bucks for pickups, i just want some stock pickups that are decent enough so I can play the guitar LOL. Does anyone know how those wilkinson humbuckers are? the ones on ebay?
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
see but I need 2 for like that range and I want to get something at least name brand, or off of a guitar that I know is at least serviceable.
The pickups from GFS have more of a brand-name than the OEMs in the Ibanez .

You can't save up an extra $30?

You could beg for that in one day
Quote by utsapp89
haha, yea good point, I just have some crazy car problems right now so every dollar counts right now. Being a poor college student sucks!
I definitely understand don't worry.

I just bought a Peavey Classic 50 2x12 for $380.

Paypal credit ftw.

You can always upgrade one now and the other one later .
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll
I definitely understand don't worry.

I just bought a Peavey Classic 50 2x12 for $380.

Paypal credit ftw.

You can always upgrade one now and the other one later .

would that work? hmmmm.. you are a smart guy lol

Some people have commented saying that the pickups I have now are so noisey because they are the chrome nickel covered type, do those covers come off, would taht make a difference?

Its funny I know very little about the makeup of the guitar but I have been playing for years.

And NICE, peavey classics sound like SEX
The Ibanez ACH pickups are low output pieces of crap
I don't even shred
I am one of the few players who like the ACH pickups. Moderate output ceramic. They are very clear and articulate, with plenty of power. I have no problems with noise or feedback. As they age they sound better. If you play metal I wouldn't recommend them as a replacement as you will need higher gain.