I need a new guitar but know nothing at all bout them.
Can sum1 pls suggest something to me if i tell you my skills?...Well i'll tell u wat songs i can play...

I play a lot of metallica:

Nothing else matters, Master of puppets, One, Enter sandman, sad but true, fade to black solos,...

some led zepp:

stairway to heaven, since ive been loving you, whole lotta love...

ac/dc:

Big gun, back in black, can't stop rock and roll, satallite blues...

I especially like the sound of guitar in enter sandman, since ive been loving you and the whole ac/dc style of sound.

I'm looking for something cheap (no more than £250) (i kno i wont get sumthing amazing for this amount but still...) i dont want it to sound to like ac/dc (not too raw)

I'm only 13 and have been playing for about a year but dunno if my current guitar is good enough. It's a peavey raptor special. Ive attached a pic of it.

If somebody could please help me with this id be very thankful.
Attachments:
DSC00190_edited.jpg

G
GUI
GUITA
GUITARH
GUITARHEAD
GUITARH
GUITA
GUI
G

Satch fans?

Joe Satriani ...(group) ...(join it)
Keep saving until you can get a really good guitar. Obviously this one is still good enough, because otherwise you wouldn't have to ask other people if you're good enough to upgrade.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
The amp will tell the tone. You should get a guitar with a humbucker in the bridge and it'll do the rest.
I play a Raptor, and it's still plenty good for what I do. Hell, it sounded better through our P.A. system than our vocalist's Epiphone Les Paul. If you're really into Metallica, though, I would suggest getting a guitar with 22 or 24 frets, and a decent whammy bar setup. Perhaps a cheap Ibanez RG or something?

And my Raptor looks a little different. Has 6 tuning pegs on one side of the head, rather than 3 to a side
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Last edited by travislausch at Nov 1, 2007,