My friend needs a guitar, for mainly metal. 450-600 bucks, some quick suggestions?

ALSO, I have a chance to get a free Dean Vendetta, but I have to pay for shipping. One of the tuning knobs is broken, and this is from that friend of mine. How much do you think shipping for it would be, from California to PA?
Last edited by Links 2 3 4 at Nov 1, 2007,
I'm sure UPS has a shipping calculator on its site.

What's your friend's amp?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Behringer 120watt amp, he says there are onbaord FX's on it, but he won't bother checking the model (lazy ass ._.)

EDIT, it's a combo, since he doesn't have much room in his dorm
Last edited by Links 2 3 4 at Nov 1, 2007,
He needs a new amp .

If he absolutely *must* get a new guitar, check out the Agile AL-2500 Tribal Green EMG - Excellent guitar for the price, and probably the cheapest guitar with real active EMGs that isn't horrible.

The rest he can save for a new amp.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
lol, he doesn't like it :| He wants something off of MF (musicians friend), so what do you have to offer?

He doesn't want a tremolo, and he wants a tune o matic bridge.

Also, the tuning knob for the g string broke... so I wonder how I'll play it.
Michael Kelly Patriot Black

Spectacular guitar for the price. Excellent build quality, comfortable neck, one of the most resonant guitars I've ever played, good electronics, excellent pickups for metal, coil splits, and it's sexy looking.

He still needs a new amp.
Quote by utsapp89
Sorry, I yet again mis informed you... He WANTS a tremolo, so... sorry again, he wants a tremolo, and a tune-o-matic bridge. He said he looked into that one, and he doesn't like it... I guess he's pretty picky.
Ibanez S320

It's got pretty ****ty pickups, though.
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by Links 2 3 4
He said it was nice, but he loves this one, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGR320EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=514537

is that any good?

The Edge III Trem is known to have reliability issues; the knife edge isn't very hard so it'll cause it to go out of tune after awhile.

The pickups are alright.

I'd say the S320 is better.
Quote by utsapp89
But I think he pretty much has his mind set on that one. I just wanted to check in with the experts to see if he made a good decision or not Thanks.

It also says, from Daytona Beach to PA, it would be 50 bucks shipping, do you think that's right? I only have 20 right now, and by the end of the week, hopefully 25 or 30