Page 1 of 2
Can anyone tell me what gear the two guitarists from Evanescence are using and most importantly, the string brand and gauge?
Gear:
PRS Standard 24
PRS SE Custom
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
BOSS BF-3, TU-2
MOST IMPORTANT?

Strings? Important? Why does it matter? So you can say that you use the same strings as they do?

And also, your sig. I'm not going to get over it. An SE Custom and an MG15...
Oh, im sorry i offended the ***. yes, i would like simply like to know what they use, not to "say i have them".
Gear:
PRS Standard 24
PRS SE Custom
BOSS BF-3, TU-2
does it matter, find a gauge and brand that your most comfortable with!
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
I just want to know what they use, why does everyone need to make it so difficult, i asked a simple question, please answer it. It's not for my guitar, its for something else.
Gear:
PRS Standard 24
PRS SE Custom
BOSS BF-3, TU-2
Quote by PMaurer
Oh, im sorry i offended the ***. yes, i would like simply like to know what they use, not to "say i have them".

The what?

Sorry but when you put a question like that up, you make it the assumption that you're going to use them.
the dude with the long dreads uses an Ibanez RG and the other guy uses ESP Eclispes, i think i spelled that right. i believe they both use EMG's and mesa boogie amps, i believe dual rectos. but i could be wrong
No, stillettos.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
HD147 and Triple Rectos with Mesa cabs. les paul gutars and probably 10 gauge strings (guessing)

The HD147 really do rock!
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

\w/ gear-vault.com \w/
Why are you all going on about amps...the strings are the most important thing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by PMaurer
Can anyone tell me what gear the two guitarists from Evanescence are using and most importantly, the string brand and gauge?

I finally found my sig ^^
I said they played triples recs and HD147 and Les Pauls because that what I seem them play live.

I'm not surprised they change gear like I change my panties...lol
"
-Maynard

\w/ gear-vault.com \w/
They've had Marshalls as well. but currently it's the mesas.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Sod it, I'll bite.

Why the hell do you want to know what strings the technical geniuses of Evanescene use?

Do you think they'll make you magic?
Quote by webbtje
Sod it, I'll bite.

Why the hell do you want to know what strings the technical geniuses of Evanescene use?

Do you think they'll make you magic?

why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic
haha

You just made my day.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
FFS. The guy just wants to know what string gauge and brand they use. It's probably for some sort of write up (GCSE/A Level) or whatever. He's already said that they're not for his guitar. Answer the damn question.

P.S. I don't know.
Sorry I didn't mean you =D.

I meant all the other n00bs who keep saying "OMFG why do you need teh evanescence stringz0rzz!!1!"
I'm guessing they use a variety of different gauges since they play in quite a few tunings, i wouldn't be surprised if they used something like 12's or 13's for their lowest tunings
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Quote by bartdevil_metal
FFS. The guy just wants to know what string gauge and brand they use. It's probably for some sort of write up (GCSE/A Level) or whatever. He's already said that they're not for his guitar. Answer the damn question.

P.S. I don't know.

A GCSE on what brand and gauge of strings Evanescence use?

Anyway, if you look really closely at the pics Rein posted, you can see they don't use strings at all. In fact, their whole sound is created by the infamous EHX Chartbuster pedal (as used by The Edge).
Quote by Don_Humpador
A GCSE on what brand and gauge of strings Evanescence use?

It's believable. Some of the things you can take at GCSE level are silly easy now...so why not just give them something like that?

And, off note a little, my old school got a hairdressing salon thingy put in, I think. Something silly like that, anyways...who teaches that at a school?! o.0 College, yeah, but a high school?
Quote by Denthúl
It's believable. Some of the things you can take at GCSE level are silly now...my old school got a hair salon thingy put in, I think. 0.o

Sure you weren't in Beauty Therapy lessons?

But seriously, can you imagine the essay?

Here is a successful pop group 4 Points:

1.) What gauge and brand of strings do they use?

2.) Using the correct scientific terms, why do you think they use these strings?

3.) Is their tone affected by the nickel : steel : cat liver ratio? If so, explain in detail. This question is worth 2 points.
Quote by leeej
wtf who listens to evanescence...

it's his choice. band bashing is against the rules.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Don_Humpador

Sure you weren't in Beauty Therapy lessons?

But seriously, can you imagine the essay?

Here is a successful pop group 4 Points:

1.) What gauge and brand of strings do they use?

2.) Using the correct scientific terms, why do you think they use these strings?

3.) Is their tone affected by the nickel : steel : cat liver ratio? If so, explain in detail. This question is worth 2 points.

What I choose to do with my education is my own business and you'll do good not to make fun of it!

Ahem.

1) The strings they use are Rotosounds, the guage being a hybrid set ranging from 9-46. These are the Rotosound Oranges and, like all Rotosound electric sets, come with a spare high E string.

2) Coz dey is fecking brilliant n dey has da awesoem tonez.

3) Their tone is affected by the cat liver ratio. Other string brands, in particular Ernie Ball and Dean Markley, use much less than Rotosound, giving their strings a more bland tone. The Rotosounds, however, with the higher ratio, sound much fuller and can make your solos wail. Like a cat. On fire.

Something like that, perhaps?
Quote by leeej
wtf who listens to evanescence...

I do!
"
-Maynard

\w/ gear-vault.com \w/
Quote by Denthúl
What I choose to do with my education is my own business and you'll do good not to make fun of it!

Ahem.

1) The strings they use are Rotosounds, the guage being a hybrid set ranging from 9-46. These are the Rotosound Oranges and, like all Rotosound electric sets, come with a spare high E string.

2) Coz dey is fecking brilliant n dey has da awesoem tonez.

3) Their tone is affected by the cat liver ratio. Other string brands, in particular Ernie Ball and Dean Markley, use much less than Rotosound, giving their strings a more bland tone. The Rotosounds, however, with the higher ratio, sound much fuller and can make your solos wail. Like a cat. On fire.

Something like that, perhaps?

1.) Wrong. Mispelt gauge.

2.) Wrong. Mispelt just about everything.

3.) Wrong about the wailing. Although the board of directors accept your point on cat liver ratios, and for this we award you 1 point.

We look forward to your 12 page document on the effects of horse feet oil on banana skin fretboards.
I meant a write up in a MUSIC GCSE, not a whole GCSE on bloody Evanescence.

Then again, you can do a degree in David Beckham, so why not?
Quote by Don_Humpador
1.) Wrong. Mispelt gauge.

2.) Wrong. Mispelt just about everything.

3.) Wrong about the wailing. Although the board of directors accept your point on cat liver ratios, and for this we award you 1 point.

We look forward to your 12 page document on the effects of horse feet oil on banana skin fretboards.

And thanks for picking up on gauge. It's one I often spell wrong.

Edit: I would like to take this opportunity to cancel out my error...it should be misspelled, not mispelt.
Quote by Denthúl

Edit: I would like to take this opportunity to cancel out my error...it should be misspelled, not mispelt.

If you're a Brit (which you are), then it's misspelt
Quote by Denthúl

I was almost right, actually. It's misspelt, not mispelt.

Degree in David Beckham, eh...?

EDIT : ^ Damn you.
Quote by Don_Humpador
I was almost right, actually. It's misspelt, not mispelt.

Degree in David Beckham, eh...?

EDIT : ^ Damn you.

*giggles evilly, feels stupid and looks smug instead*
Quote by Reincaster

One has stiletto's, one has triple recs.

The HD147 was dropped a while ago.

Actually, the guitarist that used them was dropped if I'm not mistaken.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
if I remember accurately, they were talking to Ben Moody, the original gutarist on their first album, you know, the only one anyone bought. and he said he used Hughes and Kettner.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by MESAexplorer
Actually, the guitarist that used them was dropped if I'm not mistaken.

John Lecompt used the HD147, then dropped it and went on to using the stiletto deuce, and then was dropped from the band.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Last edited by Reincaster at Nov 2, 2007,
Page 1 of 2