lol, I'm sorry if I'm being annoying with these "help me choose guitar threads". I narrowed my decision too 3 Ibanez Prestige models that I really like (yes more then the other guitars i was looking at), also that since they are very good quality (from what I read) and that the Edge Pro bridge is either the same as Floyd Rose or better (also from what I read)

Models are:
RG2570E (in silver)
RG2550E
RG1570 (in blue)

I probably will be changing the pups later down the road....

They are all in my price range..but since I live in Canada I will be buying in the states...

-Also, if whoever posts here owns one of these, they are welcome to post pics
Ibanez RG2570e
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Peavey VK112

Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-7
Digitech Multi Chorus
All those models have the same:

-neck
-quality
-bridge

In other words: they're pretty equal.

If you like one of them, you're bound to like the other two. When deciding between these guitars, it's mainly looks. If you can afford it, I'd go for either the 2570 or the 2550, but it's up to you, really.

The 25XX guitars have some nice cosmetic touches and better pickups, but the 1570 is a fine guitar too.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
If you're gonna upgrade the pickups, just get the 1570.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Just get the cheapest one, they're all pretty much the same.

Haha, i've made dozens of "WHAT GUITAR" threads, still have no idea what I want
Quote by FacingUsAll
If you're gonna upgrade the pickups, just get the 1570.

+1, as long as you like the looks. other than that, agreed with bonsai...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
WOOHOOOO I made the decision I was waiting for . The silver stands out really nicely ...The pickguard on the black just doesnt look right for me (i looked at it more carefully) I prefer custom inlays more then dots on electrics.....and the pickups are better.....

I'll phone guitar center tomorrow and "sort things out" (I called them today, the guy said that he will call ibanez tomorrow to see if its on back order or anything....)
Ibanez RG2570e

Peavey VK112

Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-7
Digitech Multi Chorus
Last edited by DarK1332 at Nov 1, 2007,
Quote by DarK1332
WOOHOOOO I made the decision I was waiting for Imma gonna get myself the RG2570 (I looked more carefully at the RG2550, in my opinion the pick guard just doesnt look right for me). The silver looks a lot better then the black...and I prefer custom inlays more then dots on electrics.....and the pickups are better.....

Normally, chains like Sam Ash or Guitar Center have most guitars like this in one of their stores and can have it shipped to a different shop in a few days.

Just ask them if they have one in stock anywhere in the country and whether they can get it to your local Guitar Center.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by TJM2482
Just get the cheapest one, they're all pretty much the same.

Haha, i've made dozens of "WHAT GUITAR" threads, still have no idea what I want

Dont worry, you'll find what you want one day.

And yeah, as stated before, they all are pretty equal....cant really say more than that
nice choice in guitars, man. im looking to get either the 2550e or the 550 reissue at some point. im sure youll like whichever you pick. what bands do you like to play?
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Styles of music: metal, rock, hard rock

hmmmmmm,
bands you say....
stuff like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Children of Bodom, Dream Theater, Guns 'n' Roses, Velvet Revolver, Ozzy Osbourne, Avenged Sevenfold,...

^- Basically anything that fits those styles...
Ibanez RG2570e

Peavey VK112

Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-7
Digitech Multi Chorus
Well, I'm getting a used RG2550E and it's really awesome and I love the dimarzios in there.
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
dude, nice choice in music too that 2550e should do you well
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal